IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Websites...??
7/20/11, 5:14 PM   #1
Websites...??
jeffnanny

Just curious to those of you that have websites. Who does your designs. I have created a site on my own for $10 for a whole year for the domain name and another $10 for the site. Its nothing special but would like to make it more professional and up to date. But also at the same time I dont want to break the billfold out to make something crazy. So I thought about looking into someone to help with that. Any suggestions..

Check out my site http://jeffnannyracing.com/ and tell me what you think. I am just beginning as a driver and am trying to do everything I can to show that I am committed to those that are and will be helping me run every weekend.

Thanks for any info..
Last edited by jeffnanny; 7/20/11 at 6:15 PM.

7/20/11, 5:17 PM   #2
Re: Websites...??
MWestfallfan54

I currently make websites using webs. An example of one of my sites is in my signature(Matt Westfall). Here soon I am moving to dreamweaver and will be making really nice sites and maybe try to make a business out of it.

7/20/11, 5:37 PM   #3
jeffnanny

That is where I went and made my site was at webs. Got a good deal on a domain name elsewhere and transferred it to webs. It just sucks how limited it is until you pay the bigger bucks for it. I would like to learn more on making them. I do some design work on the side but this is my first shot at a website.

7/20/11, 5:41 PM   #4
Bill Gardner
Administrator

My fellow web design friends won't like me saying this but right now do a simple website on your own. Something that looks professional is all you need. Spend your money on things that "make" you faster not things that make u "look" faster.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: jeffnanny
7/20/11, 5:51 PM   #5
Bostonian

Websites can cost anywhere from free, without your own domain, and full of google adds etc. To costing several thousand dollars with all the bells and whistles! I think for $10.00, your getting a domain name, along with a 4 to 5 page template site. Having taken a look at your site. I think you can have it be helpful to your fans and potential sponsors, without it braking the bank. I like how this site looks, but I think it costs a little more than $10.00 :2: I noticed you have a checkout box. Is that for donations? It kind of caught me by surprise. Instead I would try to offer things like tee shirts, stickers, signed photos etc. Think of things that you could purchase a dozen of, at a price that would allow you to double or triple the selling price. That way your fans will feel like their getting something in return. It will also make them feel like their part of your team! Another thing that you can do to promote yourself would be a Blog. They are free and you can make them as fancy as you want. I have both, and I also use facebook. What you want to have on your site would be. Your personal profile. Your racing profile, schedule, results, sponsors, photos, and, CONTACT information! Make it informative, and easy to navigate. My business isn't racing related, but as my late Dad would say. Business is business. My website cost me around $125 a year and I do everything myself. I plan on redoing it again soon.

I'm sure you will get a lot of good, solid advice from others on here

7/20/11, 6:13 PM   #6
jeffnanny

Thanks for that information. I will refrain my first post and say I got my own domain name for $10 for the year and I had to pay I think $10 to start the site that I made from webs.. It ended up being just under $20 bucks for everything that I got there to start it up. I would have to look for the exact amounts but I do know it was under $20. I have had to do a lot of changing and playing with it but it was just made a couple of days ago. So at the same time of learning how to do it all I am trying to make it pleasing to everyone that has looked at it. I am working at it and information like above has already helped me tremedously.

7/20/11, 6:50 PM   #7
Bostonian

My site is with webs too. http://www.riverhunterflies.com I have the middle level account. I'm able to get around the 30 item shopping cart, by piggy backing items

My free blog is with blogspot.com http://riverhunterflies.blogspot.com/

It has taken me some time to learn how to do things, and I'm still learning. I do like knowing how to do things myself. I know some who have to wait until their web master makes the changes for them.
Last edited by Bostonian; 7/20/11 at 6:55 PM. Reason: omited item

7/20/11, 7:09 PM   #8
jeffnanny

I am the same way where I like to be able to do it all myself. In many ways have I saved myself time, money, headaches, etc. I didnt go for a higher end package as of right now. I got a trial email and figured Id give it a shot. Maybe towards the end of my year then Ill upgrade or will have more info on what the heck I am doing. One step at a time. LOL. And I like your site also. It is a good looking site.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Websites...??