1/28/19, 12:27 AM   #11
Re: "OUTLAW" Sprint Cars
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_Engines View Post
Wayne,

I'm a firm believer that rules only cost the little guy. No matter who tries to say different, in the end it's a little guy that gets hurt. Take the 602 late model fad, for instance. Now a little guy can't build an engine in his garage from scrounged up parts from the swap meet because that class "requires" 602 engines rebuilt by a certain building in the area.

If you keep it open, more people can scrounge stuff together to race and then they can be innovated in how they make that stuff go fast. Got a small motor - buy someone's good used shocks. Don't have money for adjustable shocks - buy a new tire. Etc.

Yes, someone will outspend you. But now you have the ability to outthink them, instead of being boxed in by the rulebook.

AJ
Aj my rules say OPEN motor...that is just what it is and will ALWAYS be....I had a Late model racer call today and ask if his 421 engine was legal...hell ya bring it on.... I 100% agree with you AJ

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

6 members like this post: AJ_Engines, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, nathans1012, TNRustler, TQ29m
2/4/19, 1:51 PM   #12
SOD's "Beyond Limits" Format
Dirt Is Best

Seems like SOD has found a way to keep rules at a minimum. I also read where they paid over $90,000 in contingency cash and awards last year.

4 members like this post: MIracing, nathans1012, PIT CART, Wayne Davis
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "OUTLAW" Sprint Cars