IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > High Limit Buys All Star Circuit of Champions.
11/27/23, 3:58 PM   #81
Re: High Limit Buys All Star Circuit of Champions.
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Have you been to Eldora since they added the All Stars? The first year was pretty rough for being late. The past couple of years they have done good at stream lining. Yes, it is a pretty long night, but not as bad as the tracks that add modifieds at MidgetWeek. They keep the action moving and have no unnecessary downtime. Way better than the old days of modifieds or late models.
As for the Silver Crown cars qualifying on Friday. That is better than the years when it was 3 day show.

I went 17-18-19 the first one being a 330am show due to a two hour rework.

the other two were after midnight

I've been home from Burgs midget week every year before midnight and that's with a hour drive home. I think one year he ran the mods second and they were having a crash fest so he put em all in the infield to finish after the sprints.. Only year I remember it as a problem.

I liked the three day four crown, It just wasn't friendly to rain dates. Remember one friday night got rained out and we were on track from 9am hot laps until about 11pm just to get all the qualifying and heats in. Sunday was the noon start for four features. Usually started for the house about 7pm.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 11/27/23 at 4:00 PM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97
11/27/23, 5:31 PM   #82
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
So now that High Limit took over the Four Crown Friday. Does this mean we can go back to Wingless Saturday?
How about Modifieds and High Limit on Friday.

Then an all USAC show on Saturday. Midgets, Sprints and Silver Crown.

11/27/23, 6:36 PM   #83
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheHammer View Post
How about Modifieds and High Limit on Friday.

Then an all USAC show on Saturday. Midgets, Sprints and Silver Crown.
For several years I went to many all star, usac, woO races at Eldora and the Eldora Stocks were always on the card and quite frankly a killer racing group.

He's seem to throw them to the scrap heap even though several moved up into higher classes, Including sprints.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > High Limit Buys All Star Circuit of Champions.