IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway Thursday July 27th!
7/30/23, 7:14 PM   #41
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
First, SPIKER is the best thing to happen to LPS since Farrar ran it.
Second, The track was perfect all night. To stay otherwise is blasphemy.
Third, THEY RACED, the track was fine by feature time. Im happy.
Which way do you want it? First you post this:

This track is too wet and un-raceable.

Then you tell us Spiker is the best thing to happen. And the track was perfect. You're sitting home in your air-conditioned home watching on FLO while the rest of us are at the track seeing what is happening, sweating while nothing is happening until 7:45pm. Myself and others whole issue is they could have done better. They could have provided more push trucks to get that track run in in a more reasonable time. Looking at all their track prep vehicles sitting there was just uncalled for. Big heavy equipment would have gotten that track in shape much faster than super light sprint cars.

Is constructive criticism blasphemy? According to you, they raced, the track was fine by feature time. I'm happy. Maybe if you had been there, sat in that heat, watched nothing happening until 7:45pm, then got to leave after midnight, and had to get up and go to work early, you might have another opinion. I guess I'm not supposed to offer a comment that I saw another track using 5 push trucks. I guess that's your term blasphemy.

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, mlamb, Rpracing1, tirespinner
7/30/23, 10:40 PM   #42
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway Thursday July 27th!
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy View Post
Which way do you want it? First you post this:

This track is too wet and un-raceable.

Then you tell us Spiker is the best thing to happen. And the track was perfect. You're sitting home in your air-conditioned home watching on FLO while the rest of us are at the track seeing what is happening, sweating while nothing is happening until 7:45pm. Myself and others whole issue is they could have done better. They could have provided more push trucks to get that track run in in a more reasonable time. Looking at all their track prep vehicles sitting there was just uncalled for. Big heavy equipment would have gotten that track in shape much faster than super light sprint cars.

Is constructive criticism blasphemy? According to you, they raced, the track was fine by feature time. I'm happy. Maybe if you had been there, sat in that heat, watched nothing happening until 7:45pm, then got to leave after midnight, and had to get up and go to work early, you might have another opinion. I guess I'm not supposed to offer a comment that I saw another track using 5 push trucks. I guess that's your term blasphemy.

I was joking with you saying the track was fine and that you can't say anything bad about it here (IOW)

I stand by what I said, That it was too wet and narrow for the heats and agree with you That it needed more work and wasn't getting it. Eventually the consi's got it widened out for the feature.

The Spiker is the best thing. I mean that. The track was going to hell under Allison.

Sorry for the confusion.

I really like this sport, This forum and the people I've met thru both. Sadly the latter is becoming fewer and far between or they've left us.

Be nice to each other. There's a lot more serious problems than a late night at the track.. If not for the C word I'd of been there myself. Sadly that's a trip too many of us have been thru and this one has no happy ending.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/30/23 at 10:45 PM.

7/31/23, 9:36 AM   #43
flagboy55

I would like to take this opportunity to applaud everyone that made the show happen. I didn’t stay up and watch and that’s ok because you could plainly see the obstacles before them. Really the only complaint I have over the week was the delay between the mod feature and the Sprint race at Terre Haute. A great week overall in spite of that and TSS getting rained out

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway Thursday July 27th!