IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
bigq11 (Offline)
  #1 1/24/19 4:29 PM
Any news or even rumors as to who might be promoting Bloomington Speedway for the few shows on their schedule? Been going to Bloomington Speedway for almost 50 years. Very sad to see what appears to be the beginning of the demise of this track.
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #2 1/24/19 4:40 PM
A bit early to say that I think. Some tracks don't release their full schedules until February or even March.
Bill Angel (Offline)
  #3 1/24/19 5:51 PM
Rumor has it that USAC took over the lease for this year.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #4 1/24/19 6:31 PM
The I 69 project has had to have hurt Bloomington. Don't think Paragon switching to Friday was aimed at helping them either. Hard for me to get there on a Friday, but will be there for Midgetweek and Sprintweek.
6 Likes: chrismattlin, Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner, wildman92
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #5 1/24/19 8:24 PM
I agree, Funk. A good friend and I were just talking the other day how the I-69 construction is literally killing Bloomington Speedway. How many people each week, fans and competitors, just say "Screw it" because either they don't want to deal with the headache, or they can't leave early enough on Friday afternoon to compensate. It's really sad, honestly.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, Racer12, superstock30
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #6 1/25/19 8:40 AM
I-69 made a huge difference in us alienated So. In. Race Fans to be able to attend Bloomington Speedway more often.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, ronmil, tirespinner
Morin98 (Offline)
  #7 1/25/19 8:59 AM
I69 has made a big difference for us. We make it there 20-30 minutes earlier then what we use to a couple years ago.. So i disagree with the fact that I69 has hurt the Speedway.
5 Likes: 2rock21, BrentTFunk, bvall24, chrismattlin, ronmil
stockracer (Offline)
  #8 1/25/19 9:00 AM
Rumor I heard was Bloomington was going to run some PowerI races, Usac did not like them getting foothold in Indiana so USAC leased track..and with Spiker taking over Paragon, his only real option was to move it to Friday..so he could run both and not against each other..
2 Likes: ronmil, tirespinner
IndianaSprintFan (Offline)
  #9 1/25/19 9:26 AM
The worst of i69 is over. It should be quicker to get to the track for everyone this year.
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, bvall24, chrismattlin, dirt330, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, ronmil
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #10 1/31/19 2:44 PM
Not for people that have to take 46, lol.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, Unlucky#9