IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Looking to meet IOWers at Terre Haute
10/6/17, 8:28 PM   #1
Looking to meet IOWers at Terre Haute
antidownforce

I'm going solo to Terre Haute next weekend and would like to meet any IOWers who might be in attendance who wouldn't mind someone to sit next to. I'm pretty new to sprint car racing, didn't even know what a sprint car was prior to my move to Indiana a few years ago and am loving learning everything there is to know about USAC history etc., which is a lot I've come to realize. Anyway, if there are any knowledgeable sprint car historian types that would enjoy talking my ear off, let me know!

10/6/17, 10:05 PM   #2
Re: Looking to meet IOWers at Terre Haute
dirt330

Welcome to IOW.

3 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, Mrs G, superstock30
10/6/17, 10:52 PM   #3
JDK222

Get a pit pass always plenty of people to talk to in the pit.

10/6/17, 11:01 PM   #4
openwheelfan1

There will be a free pit party next Saturday from 3:30 until 5:30 per THAT. You ought to be able to meet up with someone there.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
10/7/17, 2:17 AM   #5
PushEm

Welcome to IOW and the best racing in the country.
Look for my push truck coming in on my trailer and I will give you a first hand look at sprint car racing. I've got an open seat all night.

10/7/17, 4:47 AM   #6
Kydehart

Go to the infield for hot laps!!! Best advice I was ever given. Through the tunnel and to turn 3. A view of sprint cars unlike any other. Literally breathtaking.

10/7/17, 10:26 AM   #7
flagboy55

Planning on going and look forward to meeting you. Always good to put another face to a name. Just remember as one of the curmudgeons once said on here, "this ain't no dating site"

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, HARFprez, Kydehart, oppweld
10/7/17, 10:39 AM   #8
Re: Looking to meet IOWers at Terre Haute
antidownforce

Thank you for all the advice everyone! Definitely looking forward to next weekend. AJ, I will see if I can spot your push truck, honestly, in my opinion watching push trucks working is almost as interesting as watching racing. Thank you for offering to show me what you do, looking forward to meeting you.

Pete

10/14/17, 10:47 AM   #9
i love dirt track racing

Welcome to iow. Have fun and enjoy the greatest racing website in the world. Our racing families will be in the house tonight at " that ". Looking forward to seeing all the great racing fans and racing teams. Have fun and enjoy all the great racing events this weekend. God bless America and iow. Thanks.

2 members like this post: Mrs G, wildman92
10/14/17, 1:43 PM   #10
Kydehart

Wife has to work. Going solo myself if anyone wants someone to talk to or sit with. See you all there!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Looking to meet IOWers at Terre Haute