IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Schatz to the chili bowl
10/4/16, 2:57 PM   #21
Re: Schatz to the chili bowl
illinisprintfan

The Outlaws aren't running October 20th, and race fairly close to Illinois in Kansas City the next day. I would like to see him get some laps in the car at the Leffler Memorial. Does the Outlaw non compete agreement extend to midgets?

2 members like this post: jim goerge, sprinter31
10/4/16, 6:39 PM   #22
chasinracin2

He might be one of the best to strap in a winged car,but the jury is still out on the non-wing stuff. Just haven't seen him run that much. Chili Bowl will be a good test.Some the best run there. He has a lot to learn on his people skills. No place to hide from fans at the Chili Bowl.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
10/4/16, 6:51 PM   #23
Scooter

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: 50+

I bet he top 10s it. I know it's a long shot..but he's a world class racer

Never been a fan of his..but this gained a bit of my respect here...stepping out of his comfort zone...

10/4/16, 9:08 PM   #24
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinracin2 View Post
He might be one of the best to strap in a winged car,but the jury is still out on the non-wing stuff. Just haven't seen him run that much. Chili Bowl will be a good test.Some the best run there. He has a lot to learn on his people skills. No place to hide from fans at the Chili Bowl.
I don't know why people expect these drivers to be their buddies. He risks his life for our entertainment, probably under plenty of stress.
All I want is to watch them race. If they're friendly, thats a plus, but not a requirement in my opinion. If he needs to be left alone, fine

10/5/16, 12:32 AM   #25
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinisprintfan View Post
The Outlaws aren't running October 20th, and race fairly close to Illinois in Kansas City the next day. I would like to see him get some laps in the car at the Leffler Memorial. Does the Outlaw non compete agreement extend to midgets?
Daron Pittman has ran the last 3 4 Jason Leffler Memorial races matter of fact he won it 2 years ago. so I don"t think the non compete agreement applies. Donnie will be with the same team that won this race last year with BC driving as its Byon's dad. BC FOREVER
Last edited by jim goerge; 10/5/16 at 12:36 AM. Reason: add more

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, mtek56
10/5/16, 6:31 AM   #26
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
I don't know why people expect these drivers to be their buddies. He risks his life for our entertainment, probably under plenty of stress.
All I want is to watch them race. If they're friendly, thats a plus, but not a requirement in my opinion. If he needs to be left alone, fine
I agree everyone is different and some folks like privacy or are not overly people friendly, no big deal.
I'm not 100% in agreement that they are risking there lifes for our entertainment, I know very few drivers or riders that are in it for our entertainment. Its just a by product of what they love to do. Not once have I or anyone that I know has woke up on race morning thinking man I need to entertain. The stress I don't even consider. He's a racer not mandated to race, any stress they feel comes from it being a job not being a race. The stress comes when you feel like you have to perform better not entertain better.

1 member likes this post: captrat
10/5/16, 10:30 AM   #27
BrentTFunk

A good race driver can drive anything. He will do fine, if people don't expect too much. To go to the Chili Bowl and beat 300 cars with all the luck that is involved would not be realistic for anyone.

10/5/16, 9:42 PM   #28
JDFAST

Not a Shatz fan, but give the man credit for what he has done, and also trying the chilli bowl.

10/6/16, 1:38 AM   #29
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
I agree everyone is different and some folks like privacy or are not overly people friendly, no big deal.
I'm not 100% in agreement that they are risking there lifes for our entertainment, I know very few drivers or riders that are in it for our entertainment. Its just a by product of what they love to do. Not once have I or anyone that I know has woke up on race morning thinking man I need to entertain. The stress I don't even consider. He's a racer not mandated to race, any stress they feel comes from it being a job not being a race. The stress comes when you feel like you have to perform better not entertain better.
I get your point about their motivation is more because they like racing than they want to entertain, but they're risking their lives when they race, we watch for entertainment, I don't expect anything more.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Schatz to the chili bowl