IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #1 6/27/15 10:57 AM
I just dawned on me, the ISW race at the Action Track is happening during the Vigo County Fair, this year. It makes parking a little more challenging, but definitely adds some to the atmosphere and gives you a lot more concession options.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, dickster, dirt330, jim goerge, PJ Wright, racegal, sprint28, WinglessLovers
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #2 6/27/15 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
I just dawned on me, the ISW race at the Action Track is happening during the Vigo County Fair, this year. It makes parking a little more challenging, but definitely adds some to the atmosphere and gives you a lot more concession options.

Jerry
Pay to park as well?

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #3 6/27/15 11:31 AM

Jerry
I love fair races. Every spring I compare track schedules and fair schedules and try to make plans accordingly. However, if there isn't a fair, a nearby antique tractor show works for me!

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
3 Likes: ISF, Jerry Shaw, racegal
ktsr (Offline)
  #4 6/27/15 11:31 AM
And hopefully adds a few new fans in the stands!!
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, dctracy79, Jerry Shaw, Justigit, PJ Wright, R A K
R A K (Offline)
  #5 6/27/15 11:35 AM

Jerry
And hopefully/potentially exposes new fans to our beloved sport!
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Jerry Shaw, PJ Wright
amandasparks11 (Offline)
  #6 6/27/15 11:37 AM
I went one year when it was during fair week! It's great!
wildman92 (Offline)
  #7 6/27/15 11:44 AM
That means ice cream and elephant ears!! 👏🏻👍🏻🎉

Who is willing to contribute to the Jen Morgan fair food fund?😁

Jen Kelley (she/her)
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, Justigit, nathan48moore, racegal
ronmil (Offline)
  #8 6/27/15 12:21 PM
Biggest downside is the parking, but it is kinda cool watching the colorful lights on the rides, while also watching the races.

Ron Miller
3 Likes: Indy1808, jim goerge, racegal
akracer48 (Offline)
  #9 6/27/15 1:19 PM
I love the idea of the fair going on at the same time of the race, however will we still be allowed to camp out after the race?
PAW (Offline)
  #10 6/27/15 2:16 PM
Originally Posted by akracer48:
I love the idea of the fair going on at the same time of the race, however will we still be allowed to camp out after the race?
Yes

:99:: Wings Don't Move Air THEY SUCK