IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tyler Walker Pleads Guilty
12/23/14, 9:19 PM   #1
Tyler Walker Pleads Guilty
Tumey's 55

Tyler Walker plead guilty and avoided jail time. Says he is in a better place now, hope that is the case. Attorney said some of his issues may stem from racing accident head injuries.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com...-misdemeanors/

12/24/14, 2:01 AM   #2
Re: Tyler Walker Pleads Guilty
team3521

Pfft! Head injuries made him do it!

http://www.thespectrum.com/story/new...ving/20809833/

12/25/14, 5:50 PM   #3
Chase Hightower

Are s--t for brains considered a head injury?

7 members like this post: 7xCoop, Bostonian, Can26, racephoto1, speed bump, The Old Coyote, throb
12/26/14, 9:20 PM   #4
Re: Tyler Walker Pleads Guilty
racephoto1

I've known Tyler since he first came out here when he was 14 or 15. I talked to him right before he went to NASCAR the second time, when he lost the deal to drugs. Before he went truck racing he ran the 4 crown. I flat out asked him if he was clean. He said I'm not doing anything, and I'm clean. Next thing I hear is he flunked a pee test.

If he takes voluntary tests and comes up clean every time I'll believe him. I gave him the benefit of the doubt before, never again. He has to PROVE IT , not just give lip service.

6 members like this post: 7xCoop, Bostonian, RadRacer, speed bump, team3521, The Old Coyote
12/26/14, 11:28 PM   #5
team3521

I dont know Tyler, but I know his type. Poor lil rich kid. Never grew up. He had the financial backing to get him an opportunity that many on this forum would sacrifice body parts for and he CHOSE! to piss it away for idiotic drugs! Oh boo hoo! Don't you feel sorry for him?
I'm sorry, but I don't! I don't feel sorry for him, or Aaron Fike, or Shane Hmiel, or the rest of the long list of idiots that pissed their opportunities away for drugs
We've all had it taught to us that drugs are for losers, and I would put these guys at the top of the list of biggest losers of all time.

5 members like this post: bsmith8, Kuhn74, speed bump, SprintFan, The Old Coyote
12/27/14, 12:40 AM   #6
Tumey's 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3521 View Post
I dont know Tyler, but I know his type. Poor lil rich kid. Never grew up. He had the financial backing to get him an opportunity that many on this forum would sacrifice body parts for and he CHOSE! to piss it away for idiotic drugs! Oh boo hoo! Don't you feel sorry for him?
I'm sorry, but I don't! I don't feel sorry for him, or Aaron Fike, or Shane Hmiel, or the rest of the long list of idiots that pissed their opportunities away for drugs
We've all had it taught to us that drugs are for losers, and I would put these guys at the top of the list of biggest losers of all time.
Rich kids, poor kids, and middle class kids have all succumbed to drugs, social class seems to have little to do with it. Agree he totally screwed up and certainly threw away an opportunity as have several others. He is lucky he didn't ruin someone's life with his antics while under the influence. However, Mr Walker has a lot of life to live and I hope he turns it around and leads a productive life from this point forward. It is never too late. I have watched recent interviews with Shane Hmiel and I certainly wouldn't call him a loser, not with all he has overcome.

6 members like this post: LocalYokel, mc/rider, racephoto1, ronmil, Rpracing1, Russ
12/27/14, 1:07 AM   #7
LocalYokel

Quote:
Shane Hmeil certainly turned it around and isn't a loser. Aaron Fike has been out of the media, but he's turned it around and has a new child. He's not a loser. Hopefully Tyler will turn it around too. Nobody ever dreams of being a drug addict and losing the things they love. No one wants to be known as that guy, it just happens.
Others misery shouldn't bring joy.

12/27/14, 1:27 AM   #8
EPSpeed

team3521, Don't compare Shane Hmeil's situation to Mr. Walker's, Shane's was a totally different situation and unless you know the whole situation do not comment on it. What Tyler did was break the law and he is being punished for it. I don't know Mr. Walker's complete situation, nor do I know Shane's complete story, but I know enough about Shane to say that there were under lying issues that lead to his bad decisions, I've battled some of those same demons my entire life and sometimes you make bad choices. So in other words, unless you know the whole situation, keep your opinion to yourself.
Jaime Oaks
Dayton, Ohio
jaimeoaks@yahoo.com
937-396-9869

8 members like this post: bighd0522, drob201, luckybuc97, mowerman, racephoto1, ronmil, Rpracing1, Russ
12/27/14, 3:29 AM   #9
team3521

Jaime,
I, in fact DO know Shane's story. I never compared the two in any way other than both pissed their opportunities away.
Maybe you should reread what I wrote. Then post your opinion...

12/27/14, 4:54 PM   #10
Tumey's 55

Quote:
Jaime,
I, in fact DO know Shane's story. I never compared the two in any way other than both pissed their opportunities away.
Maybe you should reread what I wrote. Then post your opinion...
Unfortunately you called them the biggest losers of all time. Everyone is entitled to an opinion,but name calling just seems unnecessary.

1 member likes this post: EPSpeed
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tyler Walker Pleads Guilty