IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt Hustler
9/11/23, 7:25 PM   #11
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

As long as they have fries Saturday, all will be good. That double cheeseburger just wasn’t the same without fries last time. 😕

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, racenut69, Rpracing1
9/11/23, 7:30 PM   #12
Re: Haubstadt Hustler
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
Im planning on doing the Haubstadt double. The racetrack and Dewigs meat market. (The Disneyland of butcher shops)
If I am able to go, I will be there early enough to hit Dewigs.

9/11/23, 7:32 PM   #13
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

They have had a previous 2 day show but it was a USAC race followed by a Outlaw make up show. That said, they could handle a multi day event anytime they want to schedule one. As for the tractor haters maybe they should attend more Ohio tracks so they can get their fill of dust.

9/11/23, 8:11 PM   #14
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
As long as they have fries Saturday, all will be good. That double cheeseburger just wasn’t the same without fries last time. 😕
They would of had fries if it weren’t for 2 special folks!

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, Ilovedirttrackracing, racenut69, wildman92
9/11/23, 10:00 PM   #15
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
The central Indiana people can just visit their local John Deere dealer two days in a row and save on expenses.
I was really hoping we could avoid the usual whining about John Deere. The surface is fantastic. I wish people would spend equal energy whining about minimal efforts and less than stellar surfaces at some of the other tracks. This will be a great event.

9/11/23, 10:14 PM   #16
yeleyfan76

[QUOTE=BrentTFunk;568431] As for Central Indiana fan base not supporting, that road runs both ways. How many people from southwestern Indiana made it to the Smackdown?

I would submit that there were plenty of fans supporting Kyle and Chase that wknd. Obviously without personally asking where they were from we will never know. The real statement/question you might want to give light to is, why were there any empty seats at Smackdown Saturday? After solving that, then worry about the road running both ways.

Every year the Hustler gets a good crowd but I read complaints about, tractors, the drive is too long, the time zone is a problem. For once I’d like to read about what a great show and maybe the event can grow to a multi day deal!

9/11/23, 11:34 PM   #17
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
I was really hoping we could avoid the usual whining about John Deere. The surface is fantastic. I wish people would spend equal energy whining about minimal efforts and less than stellar surfaces at some of the other tracks. This will be a great event.
Amen to that!

9/12/23, 5:20 AM   #18
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
The central Indiana people can just visit their local John Deere dealer two days in a row and save on expenses.
For many race fans this is an accepted part of the show. I havent been every where but Ive been to a lot of race tracks and youll be hard pressed to show me a better prepared racing surface. The Class Track is a title that they earn every show. I just look at it as three more heats,plus they run em backwards. How bad ass is that? Tote up, hit your flast and enjoy the show

9/12/23, 3:31 PM   #19
TNRustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
For many race fans this is an accepted part of the show. I havent been every where but Ive been to a lot of race tracks and youll be hard pressed to show me a better prepared racing surface. The Class Track is a title that they earn every show. I just look at it as three more heats,plus they run em backwards. How bad ass is that? Tote up, hit your flast and enjoy the show
The vast majority of shows I've attended across all the tracks I've been to, there is typically an intermission. Sometimes tracks use this time to water/rework the track, sometimes it is simply an opportunity to sell more concessions. The only time I've ever taken issue with any track on this practice is when it drags on excessively. My experience has been that Tri State prepares a fantastic surface in a very efficient timeframe and I have never left late because of the track prep time. Haubstadt is one of my favorite tracks because of the racing that the track surface provides. I just wish I lived a little closer so I could get there more often.

9/12/23, 4:02 PM   #20
NoDramazone2020

While I can often TIRE of the constant track work, it is the best option for the racing involved. Hope they can get a good balance on the track conditions, so the last 20 laps are 3 lanes wide and drivers have options.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt Hustler