IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Camera help?
6/4/08, 6:43 PM   #1
Camera help?
jackhole

I was wondering if I could get some camera help from some you guys that are taking photos at the track. My mother is looking to get a camera and was wondering what you guys use.

Yes she knows that it will take more than a couple hun.

Thanks, JACKHOLE

6/4/08, 7:00 PM   #2
Re: Camera help?
Redwood17257

I started out shooting sports with a Canon 10D several years ago and it proved very durable over the course of four years of hard shooting. I shot sports for my job (sports editor) as well as weekends at the race track and never had any problems until it recently began to suffer from some auto focus issues and the hotshoe for the flash needed replacing.

Now I've got a Canon 40D and am more than happy with it. If you search for it on the internet, you could get the model before it, the 30D (basically the same features as the 10D) for around $700 or so with a lens included. The jump up to the 40D is around $1,400 to $1,500.

Depending on what she wants to shoot, she likely wouldn't need anything nearly that expensive unless she wants to shoot action sports as well.

6/4/08, 8:09 PM   #3
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

I am by no means a Pro at this I need something very easy to use so I use a Sony 200A and am very happy with it and I am planning on stepping up to a Sony 350 A because it has a Preview screen that tilts on the back they are as simple as a point and shoot for someone just starting out but what I would do is have her go to a Camera shop or Circuit City,Best Buy and play with the different camras and find one she likes

6/5/08, 6:42 AM   #4
badgerfan

Have her pick up one of the Canon Rebels, even a used one. That is about as cheap as you can find and if she likes using a DSLR she can easily upgrade with a better lens. Spend the big money on lens qualtity, not on the camera.

6/5/08, 6:45 AM   #5
jackhole

Thanks for the help guys. I will relay the messages.

Thanks, JACKHOLE

6/5/08, 7:32 AM   #6
Al Consoli

I'll sell you my wife's Canon 20-D with a Tamron 20-200 lens for $675. It's in good shape and works fine.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Camera help?