IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Woo car count bloomington
8/3/12, 10:52 PM   #31
Re: Woo car count bloomington
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

A Finish 1-11: Wolfe, Saldana, Schatz, Sides, Darrah, Greg Wilson, Kraig Kinser, Logan Schuchart, Dollansky, Steve Kinser, James McFadden.

12-22: Danny Smith, Swindell, Madsen, Rose, Brad Greer, Paul May, Kemenah, Kody Kinser, Gerard McIntyre, Ty Deckard, A.J. Martin.

Danny 24

1 member likes this post: Jimmydiesel
8/3/12, 10:55 PM   #32
treecitytornado

Awesome race! Great to see Lucas get his first WoO A-Main Win!! Awesome for his Dad, Randy, a great long time Sprint Car racer in his own right!

Posted via Mobile Device

8/3/12, 10:59 PM   #33
smith19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurstBros0 View Post
"You could get used good years."

Sure you could... Steve and Randy will give you a truck load of Smoke`s good used tires . You can dig the old wings out of the shed and clean out the mouse nest`s. Change out the front axle to one of uncle Carl`s 5m 50 inch ultra lights. Find the best old Pro shocks in the milk crate under the bench. Swap torsion bars, tighten the valve lash up and bump the timing up a couple of degrees. Wrap some rags around the wing slider Scotty gave you because a rock had knocked off the hose fitting. Put some O-rings in the slider valve that you still have borrowed from Bush the monument man a couple of years ago at Lawrenceburg. After all that you still realize you`re gonna take a mule to the Kentucky derby. A man can only take so many blows to the ego in a years time...
dan, you sound like you've done that once or twice. lol

8/3/12, 11:27 PM   #34
oldbutnew

The most boring night I have ever spent at Bloomington Speedway. I will not go to another WOO race ever.

2 members like this post: speed bump, SteveD
8/4/12, 12:19 AM   #35
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

The heats were lackluster, but the feature provided for some drama. With Kinser flipping on the first lap, and then coming back to finish in the top ten, to Lucas Wolfe coming from nowhere to win it. I was pleasantly surprised tonight.

8/4/12, 12:35 AM   #36
Big Willy

Nunn I would sure like some clarification on your post... Are you upset that a track it is actually trying to better the racing surface or what?? It seems to me that persons like yourself that gets paid by racetracks yet have never taken the risk on the promotion side of things would applaud track owners trying to better the racing surface not dig on them. But maybe I misunderstood you post.

8/4/12, 12:52 AM   #37
Flatrightrear

I'm with you, Big Willy. Bloomington has been desperate for years to get the track re-worked during the program. It always looks like Salem after a heat or two.

1 member likes this post: speed bump
8/4/12, 12:55 AM   #38
beliles66

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Yes 800 to start.

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 6:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:41 PM ----------

Brad Greer #3b. 22 cars now.

Posted via Mobile Device
Tonight was $650 to start for non regulars. That's what Billy Rose told me, anyway.
Last edited by beliles66; 8/4/12 at 12:57 AM.

8/4/12, 1:06 AM   #39
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Willy View Post
Nunn I would sure like some clarification on your post... Are you upset that a track it is actually trying to better the racing surface or what?? It seems to me that persons like yourself that gets paid by racetracks yet have never taken the risk on the promotion side of things would applaud track owners trying to better the racing surface not dig on them. But maybe I misunderstood you post.
I was happy as all get out to see the track being reworked. Sorry for the confusion.

1 member likes this post: Big Willy
8/4/12, 1:21 AM   #40
treecitytornado

Well, that could be, but they listed the payout for all 22 cars tonight, and last was listed as 800, so who knows. It's like why didn't Kraig take a provisional at Lernerville when he was right in the middle of a points battle. Things don't make sense sometimes.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Woo car count bloomington