IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
throb (Offline)
  #81 6/30/11 7:03 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
I think I might still have the picture where Morty (Mortboyz) first called you Terre Haute Rob. I think it was Coach who shortened it to TH Rob, and then
Throb. Anyway it stuck.
Either way it was a great time always with you guys, and I was always proud to call you guys my friends!
Posted using Mobile Device
oppweld (Offline)
  #82 6/30/11 7:25 PM
I just combined the names of two of the greatest drivers of all time:
Kenny Weld + Jan Opperman = Oppweld
Lawrenceburger (Offline)
  #83 6/30/11 8:29 PM
I was born and raised in Lawrenceburg, I live in Aurora now, but Lawrenceburg has been my home track since childhood, almost 40 years now. I am still a Burg regular, although I havent been to the track yet this year, ARGGHHHHHH! Cutting to the chase, there is a restaurant in Lawrenceburg that has a hamburger called the "Lawrenceburger" and since I am not creative nor imaginitive, I called myself "Lawrenceburger."
2 Likes: FishBurger, Isaac Chapple Racing
oldtimer (Offline)
  #84 6/30/11 9:03 PM
Being OLD, The name just fit!
4 Likes: I Miss Manzy, IndyBound, Mud Packer, The Old Coyote
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #85 6/30/11 9:22 PM
Originally Posted by oldtimer:
Being OLD, The name just fit!
I hope everything is alright Russ. I haven't seen you on the board lately.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
EldoraMark (Offline)
  #86 6/30/11 10:02 PM
Darva Jones (Levi's Mom) gave me that name. There were 3 Marks that ran around with the Jones gang and one day Darva started calling me Eldora Mark ( I live 10 miles from Eldora) and it has been with me since.
IndyBound (Offline)
  #87 6/30/11 10:40 PM
Growing up at Oswego Speedway I was either a fan or friend of many supermodified drivers that had the dream of running in the Indy 500. An over the years I watched a number of those drivers and several crewmen that competed at Oswego Speedway get to live that dream of being a part of the Indy 500 as a driver or crewmen. I chose IndyBound for my IOW name at a time when many felt the Road to Indy had closed for open wheel short track racers from the U. S.. IndyBound represents hope to me, the hope that in the future we will once again see someone that got their racing experience at the local short track in your home town have doors open up that will take him or her to Indy to run in the 500.

Patti
6 Likes: FishBurger, I Miss Manzy, Mud Packer, oldtimer, racegal, TeamCGR
1BIGracefan (Offline)
  #88 6/30/11 11:26 PM
Its quite simple if you have ever seen me I am only one guy. Plus I am not on the small side so "BIG" is better. I also happen to be a fan of racing.

1BIGracefan was born!!
3 Likes: Isaac Chapple Racing, jim goerge, The Old Coyote
jim goerge (Offline)
  #89 7/1/11 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR:
Somebody spelled GEORGE wrong.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

SPRINTCAR, because thats the only real racecar out there. Isn't it?
Really it is spelled wrong When I first signed on here after just reading for bout 3 years sign in wouldn:t take my whole name Goerges so we left off the s
hoosierdaddy (Offline)
  #90 7/1/11 6:03 AM
I was a long time reader that never posted and the 1st day I needed to put something on here...I couldn't believe that hoosierdaddy wasn't taken yet, so bam! No special stories here.
Closed Thread