IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bob Darland Memorial
7/23/15, 5:30 PM   #1
Bob Darland Memorial
Jerry Spencer

If you plan on coming to Kokomo To celebrate the life of one of the best men we knew Bob Darland this Sunday why not stop in at the Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery ? There is plenty of parking so if your in the rig no need to worry, if you need ice or smokes Woody's is just a couple blocks away at the corner of Phillips and North also on the west side at Dixon and Sycamore.

After you walk through the gates make sure to come to the Spencer Racing #66 trailer to get your 2015 Josh Spencer tee shirt, still just $15 bucks.

The Moon opens at 11:00 am seven days a week so that gives you plenty of time to enjoy the best meal you will ever have and maybe one of the famous Halfmoon beers everybody is talking about.

What ever you do have fun and be careful, on the way in or way out tell the staff thank you for keeping the Speedway alive and well, you really never know how long we are going to have places like the Kokomo Speedway.

Jerry #66j
Stida.com / Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery / Colescotts Mobile 1

7/23/15, 8:43 PM   #2
flagboy55

I intend to do just as you suggest, but more concerned about the beers. How's the ipa's or pale ales? I not far from what I consider the best brewery there is, 3 Floyds, so I'm kinda spoiled, but looking forward to trying the half moon!

7/23/15, 8:47 PM   #3
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
If you plan on coming to Kokomo To celebrate the life of one of the best men we knew Bob Darland this Sunday why not stop in at the Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery ? There is plenty of parking so if your in the rig no need to worry, if you need ice or smokes Woody's is just a couple blocks away at the corner of Phillips and North also on the west side at Dixon and Sycamore.

After you walk through the gates make sure to come to the Spencer Racing #66 trailer to get your 2015 Josh Spencer tee shirt, still just $15 bucks.

The Moon opens at 11:00 am seven days a week so that gives you plenty of time to enjoy the best meal you will ever have and maybe one of the famous Halfmoon beers everybody is talking about.

What ever you do have fun and be careful, on the way in or way out tell the staff thank you for keeping the Speedway alive and well, you really never know how long we are going to have places like the Kokomo Speedway.

Jerry #66j
Stida.com / Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery / Colescotts Mobile 1
Go kokomomoster and bbq ribs at half moon and a great Sunday night matinee of racing at kokomo speedway. God bless America.

7/24/15, 2:33 PM   #4
Re: Bob Darland Memorial
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Took up someone's suggestion the last time we went to Kokomo and stopped at the Halfmoon. Glad we did as the food was delicious and the beer was good also. Look forward to stopping in again soon.

7/24/15, 4:13 PM   #5
Re: Bob Darland Memorial
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I intend to do just as you suggest, but more concerned about the beers. How's the ipa's or pale ales? I not far from what I consider the best brewery there is, 3 Floyds, so I'm kinda spoiled, but looking forward to trying the half moon!
I ask Chris to respond and talk about his beers as I know very little other than I like them all. He is very busy so hopefully he can help out.

Thanks everybody for stopping in and for your kind words, without you all there would not be a Spencer Racing.

Jerry #66j
stida.com / Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery / Colescotts Mobile 1

7/24/15, 4:30 PM   #6
RacinReggie

We have two IPAs on tap right now the Moon Beam IPA and the Star Spangled IPA. You will have to let us know how they stack up. Cheers!!

7/24/15, 5:00 PM   #7
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Jerry, sad but true that ALL of our local bullrings are on the financial edge, alot of them for sale, and all of them depending on the fans to put a butt in the seat. I know how lucky Kokomo Speedway is to have a local business like Half Moon to not only supply food and drink to race fans but to back a complete race team like Spencer Racing. So PLEASE visit Half Moon and Please let the manager know that you're visiting because they love sprint car racing. Then get to Kokomo Speedway for the best in local racing.

7/24/15, 10:32 PM   #8
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinReggie View Post
We have two IPAs on tap right now the Moon Beam IPA and the Star Spangled IPA. You will have to let us know how they stack up. Cheers!!
The burg racing family will in the house again Sunday for some great food and beverage. Go kokomomoster and bbq ribs at half moon. Thanks for supporting the sport that we all love. Thanks

7/26/15, 11:44 AM   #9
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

I'm coming from Illinois (2.5hrs) with son & GF in tow. Please keep me/us abreast of the weather conditions. It won't be the first time I headed there and had to turn around for Kokomo cancelled event. This doesn't look too promising.
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
Last edited by Indy1808; 9/6/15 at 6:50 PM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, racegal
7/26/15, 11:51 AM   #10
i love dirt track racing

We are heading that way till they tell us to turn around and come back home. Having a kokomomoster and bbq ribs at half moon is worth the 2 hours drive and hopefully we can get to see the greatest show on dirt at kokomo. Lol

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, Josh Spencer, racegal, rachasin, wildman92
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bob Darland Memorial