IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Support tony
8/14/14, 11:00 PM   #1
Support tony
suzuki756

A lot has been said media etc. Everyone seen what went down it was a bad deal.I am sorry for the ward family
A young man lost his life. Its not the first time but I hope its the last .I know the family is having to deal with this I don't want to think how bad it is .
But there is another person having to deal with it too its a life changing ordeal .
Smoke has supported our racing for along time .
The media alone has tried to destroy him
I just don't see it that way
Prayers to you and the ward family

8/14/14, 11:18 PM   #2
Re: Support tony
Mason Dixon

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 47

There are several slow motion, enhanced videos on the internet that I suggest you check out if you are on the fence about what to think. The main points, summarized, are that if you watch the video closely several times:
(a) Ward lunges and actually is grabbing onto the wing of tony's car, then hangs on it for a split second, before weight of his body shifts weight to right of car and his leg gets pulled under the car
(b) Media and people talk about how tony turns car to the right, but what happens when you chalk a right tire? The car turns right because ward's body momentarily blocks the right rear causing the car to react and go right. Its physics. Who knows what tony was doing in the car in those milliseconds either. He may have say him and kept his car straight because what kind of idiot grabs onto a moving sprint car when he gets pissed off? Luckily i don't know anyone.

Sadly enough I think this is going to kill tony's "vacations" from NAPCAR but i really hope not. I have no doubt he will not be charged criminally, but we all know he be paying the family millions. I really hope the media covers the outcome of what happens because I fear its not nearly as interesting and newsworthy to have a famous athlete be cleared of any wrong doing.

8 members like this post: 2fast4u, bowbuild, Hotrod, jsfan, PIT CART, rataz, rdzsprint, team3521
8/15/14, 12:00 AM   #3
polecar

this is a tragedy on all levels. for now and forever. only 2 people know what really happened. but it's time for tony to get back in a race car, NOW.
Last edited by polecar; 8/15/14 at 12:02 AM.

6 members like this post: bn kleen, dickster, Hotrod, jsfan, PIT CART, team3521
8/15/14, 1:14 AM   #4
i love dirt track racing

Go tsr and thanks for all the great things your teams do for us race fans. I hope that he will come and watch Brian clauson at the kokomo smackdown. Thanks tony.

8/15/14, 2:15 AM   #5
Buster51

I have been a Tony Stewart fan since his first run in a midget at speedrome.I can't imagine what he is going through with what has happened . He has been unfairly treated by the social media and media in general. Hope to see him back soon.

8/15/14, 11:11 AM   #6
team3521

Thank you for posting this!
I was going to start a thread this morning in this regard and I found yours first.

I know Tony comes on this board. I know he reads these comments.

Tony, if you are reading this, I want you to know that there are many, many people that support you! And you have our sympathy.

We are sincerely sorry for what you have had to deal with during this week of hell.

Hope to see you back in a car soon! Peace be with you!
Last edited by team3521; 8/15/14 at 11:23 AM.

8/15/14, 11:17 AM   #7
RushvilleDirtFan

I run trains behind the TSR shop. I'm going to start giving a few extra toots on the horn as I go by. Sorry to the folks of Brownsburg for the extra noise.

8/15/14, 11:23 AM   #8
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

May God bless u with the strength and wisdom to get through this Tony. I'm fighting the gd fight for u out here in my small corner of the world, 1 uninformed idiot at a time but I'm still fighting.

8/15/14, 11:48 AM   #9
FEATHERDUSTER

I just read where Tony Stewart will be announcing his complete retirement from racing in the upcoming days this is to include the sale of his share of Stewart-Hass.

8/15/14, 11:53 AM   #10
miledirt

While watching the A Main at Knoxville and hearing about this tragedy, my heart sunk. In a split second, the Knoxville Nationals meant nothing to me. My first thought was for the young man killed and his family. Unbelievable that this has happened to them...Praying that they would know the peace that passes all human understanding that comes from our Father above.

Second, was about Tony. I've never ever been a bigger fan of a driver that Tony. All the on track stuff from his USAC to the Brickyard is cool, his love for the dirt personally as a driver and owning teams, but more importantly all the behind scenes good deeds he does for others.

And my thoughts for Tony was that I hoped that his days at Joe Gibbs racing were good ones and that Joe Gibbs was able to share the Gospel with Tony and that he would find grace, peace, and comfort from Christ no matter the circumstances of what happened that night. I cared about Tony as a person not as a race car driver.

You see for me, I've had bad things happen around me and I've done bad things and the only thing that's gotten me through was Jesus Christ and a relationship with him.

I know some of you may understand what I'm saying and other's of you won't, might even be offended that I bring my faith onto a racing forum like this. If you are not a Christian, thank you giving me the space to share this and I certainly don't want to offend you. But I do care for the Ward family and Tony. I want them to know God's the Father's care during this tragic time for all involved.

Truly brokenhearted for them all...

Sincerely,
Miledirt

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Support tony