IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bill Lipkey Honorarium Kokomo
9/28/13, 11:11 AM   #1
carl s

A day at Kokomo to honor his induction into The Howard County Automotive Heritage Hall of Fame.
Some photos from the full day of celebration, Thursday 9-26-2013.
All photo credits to Randall Cook and a big thanks to he and Mac Miller for running the car for me at this event.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9198131...7635880665823/

Any help with identifying people/cars in photos would be appreciated.
And see you all at The Burg tonight.

Carl Schulz
Indio, CA
1927 Boyle Valve Spl -Tribute Car
Last edited by carl s; 9/28/13 at 11:15 AM.

9/28/13, 3:29 PM   #2
Speedracer

Was there any promotion for this? I would of taken off work to see those cars on the track!

9/28/13, 7:16 PM   #3
Re: Bill Lipkey Honorarium Kokomo
DICNJAN

was a great turn out of old beautiful cars ..it was kinda a secret to us kokomo race people
heard about it a week before ..had a hard time trying to fine out were to get tickets for the induction that nite
all in all was a great show ,,over 200 people at the dinner Thursday nite
thanks to the O'conners for having all of us there . and to the auto hall of fame for honoring BILL LIPKEY
WE DO LIVE IN A GREAT TOWN:22
THANKS TO KENT EVANS GREAT JOB

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, K9Racer
9/28/13, 8:58 PM   #4
Tim Bookmiller

A special Thank You to Mark Caldwell for having Marilyn and I at the Caldwell Monument table for this great event. It had to be one of the best kept secrets in town. Bill was a very special guy in so many ways ....but the thing that comes to my mind over and over..He was not the owner or operator or manager of the KOKOMO SPEEDWAY he was THE promoter and that seems to be a lost art. We had a great time and was proud to be there.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, K9Racer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bill Lipkey Honorarium Kokomo