IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT: UMP Summer Nationals at TSS
7/7/14, 2:09 PM   #1
OT: UMP Summer Nationals at TSS
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I know that there are probably a few people on here who attended; how was the car count, attendance, etc.? I checked the results on TSS website, but it didn't list number of entries. I thought about going, but got involved in some yard work and soon got over it.

7/7/14, 2:41 PM   #2
Re: OT: UMP Summer Nationals at TSS
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Ron,

I didn't go but according to a post on 4m, they had 32 late models and 44 modifieds. The Hell Tour website shows Billy Moyer as the winner. That's all I got.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2 members like this post: nathans1012, ronmil
7/7/14, 2:54 PM   #3
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
I know that there are probably a few people on here who attended; how was the car count, attendance, etc.? I checked the results on TSS website, but it didn't list number of entries. I thought about going, but got involved in some yard work and soon got over it.
Ron,
I was there........Big fields of fast cars with all of the top Mods and LM cars. Big crowd of Late Model folks. Good action for the most part, but boy them LM sure do kick up the dust. Lots of heats with C and B consis in the mods. Wheel to wheel action. Got my one Late Model fix for the year. Should have been there. 4 NASCAP drivers there , Kenny Wallace, Austin Dillon, Tad Crafton, and Tyler Reddick. On the road by 10:30 at the latest. My bud Ted Brown Quality Paint and Body sponsors this race and it was a good one.
Last edited by Rpracing1; 7/7/14 at 2:56 PM.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
7/7/14, 3:14 PM   #4
on_the_edge

Decided to go and it was a good show. No one really had anything the Moyer in the late models thought Pierce might with the late caution but Moyer was to smooth. Cars were parked well outside the pit area with nearly 80 cars. The modified c main was painful to watch with a bunch of cautions in a 10 lap race. The modified feature was the show though with a good 3 car battle for the win. Not sure the name of the guy who won but was from Michigan and his first time at tri state. Nicely and Fair gave him a run for his money with the winner closing the door going into 1 on the last lap.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
7/7/14, 3:22 PM   #5
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

I sat in the WRONG area last night, the wind was blowing hard towards the frontstretch, I was COVERED in dust. BUT..the racing was pretty damn good. Moyer was on his own level last night. Thought Randy Korte would have somethign for him on the lowside, but it just never came in. Was fun watching Bobby Pierce and Jason Feger try to tear down the wall as high as they were running. The modified feature was good after Mike Harrison pulled in with problems. Then Jacob Poel, Zach Fair and Tyler Nicely put on a great three car show for the win. Poel won his 19th feature of the year

3 members like this post: EBookerFan, nathans1012, ronmil
7/7/14, 4:01 PM   #6
rclaridge

Chris I never sit on the front side, sun and wind in your face, the reserved seats on the backstretch are the only way to go!

7/7/14, 4:57 PM   #7
Flatrightrear

Moyer was tough starting on the pole and it was fun watching Pierce running the wall but both grooves were fast. Really nice crowd and two of the heats for LM's were outstanding. The race for second on back was a real was with clean, quality driving all over the track. Dillon was impressive on the dirt, for sure. He signed autographs on the backstretch at intermission and said hello to a couple of us that were sitting on the benches when they set up his table. He seemed like a nice guy and I told my buddy that this was how a driver creates and builds his fan base by coming to short tracks signing autographs and taking pictures with fans and just being nice. Indy-car racing could do themselves a world of good if they would send out drivers to do the same but their clothes might get dusty and they can't have that. Their short racing schedule gives them plenty of free weekends to do this.

2 members like this post: nathans1012, racenut69
7/7/14, 5:00 PM   #8
Flatrightrear

My third sentence above should have said it was a real battle and not a real was, whatever that is. Brain fade, I reckon.

7/7/14, 7:41 PM   #9
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
My third sentence above should have said it was a real battle and not a real was, whatever that is. Brain fade, I reckon.
Tom your entitled to one now and then.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

7/8/14, 10:20 AM   #10
big3131

were are they running Thursday?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT: UMP Summer Nationals at TSS