IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How do you give back to sprint car sponsors??
11/26/13, 3:42 PM   #1
How do you give back to sprint car sponsors??
Gee2

Just was curious to see how you support sponsors of sprint cars? I found myself driving across town today just to fill up at Caseys just becuase they support Brian Brown. What do you buy or do?

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, koolaid89
11/26/13, 4:01 PM   #2
Re: How do you give back to sprint car sponsors??
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee2 View Post
Just was curious to see how you support sponsors of sprint cars? I found myself driving across town today just to fill up at Caseys just becuase they support Brian Brown. What do you buy or do?
In addition to buying products and services from these companies, let them know you came there specifically because they support racing. You can do that by either telling them in person (management personnel) or dropping them a line either through e-mail, social media or the old fashioned way of writing them a letter. They need to hear that there sponsorship dollars are being used wisely. The best way is for them to hear it from paying customers.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

11/26/13, 9:18 PM   #3
Joe@ScaleSprints

I buy Mean Green just because they support sprint cars AND its good stuff.

11/26/13, 10:52 PM   #4
How we give back to Race Car Sponsors!!.....
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

We Support them ALL,..We Support "Budweiser"..all we can,don't we Bob!!..it's real easy..cause we like it eh!!.........

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, luckybuc97, mowerman
11/27/13, 1:50 AM   #5
Re: How we give back to Race Car Sponsors!!.....
groove grabber

Our fire dept purchased a dispatch system called fire text response because we were in the market and noticed they were sponsoring bill roses cars, our loyalty to those who support racing goes beyond your normal products used in our sport, we love outsiders products too

11/27/13, 12:44 PM   #6
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Last year I needed some supplies in Kokomo and asked Jerry Spencer where to go. He sent me to one of his sponsors so we went there, purchased several items, and made sure they knew why we came. This year I went to his sponsor for food several times and again made sure each time that the manager knew why. I sent an email to the PR person for Mean Green twice now to tell them that I have started using their product because they sponsor the Hoffmans. Both times I received a response. If I need flowers in Indiana, I know I will call Jockish Flowers, because they have sponsored Steve and Carla for years.

The problem is knowing who sponsors racing. There have to be hundreds of small sponsors of sprint cars in Indiana, but the only way to know who they are is to go to all the cars in the pits and write down the sponsors. Most of the time this doesn't work either, because an out-of-state fan like me has no idea where they are located. It would be so helpful if teams could provide a written list of their sponsors and where they are located, with web site if possible. Better still would be for someone (not mentioning any names, Bill) to provide a place for teams to list their sponsors so fans would be able to look up sponsors when they are traveling. I believe this would work for fans who live in Indiana also. After all, wouldn't you be willing to shop somewhere if you found out that they helped sponsor a car? Another idea is for tracks to collect sponsorship data for all of their regular teams at the first of the year and make that information available to the fans. In theory, the more happy sponsors, the more teams, the more fans. Seems to me that would ultimately be in a track's best interest. However it is done, there needs to be a way to let more people know who sponsors racing so those sponsors are rewarded. Just my opinion. I would be very interested in hearing how the IOW community thinks we can give sponsors more business and let them know that it does indeed pay to help racing.

11/27/13, 12:55 PM   #7
Koonzee

I know some of us are sporting Fatheadz,using Mean Green and stopping at the Halfmoon in Kokomo for a Kokomonster.
Last edited by Koonzee; 11/27/13 at 1:00 PM.

11/28/13, 12:25 AM   #8
Bad Dad 54

We have a restaurant here in town that sponsors a local Sprint Car, us gearheads meet there once a week to talk. Food is good a waitresses are nice so we enjoy ourselves.
When my LP tank needs filling I go to our sponsor even though I could save money going else where.

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, RacinReggie
11/28/13, 2:17 AM   #9
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Great ways to support sponsors. What is the name of the restaurant and what town is it in?

11/28/13, 4:40 AM   #10
jim goerge

My wife and I go to Merry go round restaurant now because they stepped up and backed Clayton Good food good prices good service

4 members like this post: billwill7, dirtnonwingfan, Obie, racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How do you give back to sprint car sponsors??