IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #1 4/4/18 10:49 PM
For those that asked here is the published Lucas Oil SSMS Division II Midget Payout

Southern Outlaw Motorsports
Jacksonville, Florida
The Original Southern Outlaw

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

3 Likes: dirt40, racebum, rmcar
dirt40 (Offline)
  #2 4/6/18 8:06 AM
Sure would like to see the tracks and promoters in Illinois use this payout.
2 Likes: racebum, Wayne Davis
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #3 4/6/18 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by dirt40:
Sure would like to see the tracks and promoters in Illinois use this payout.
If you don't mind traveling we will have races up in Tennessee in 2018...2 day shows

Jacksonville, Florida

dirt40 (Offline)
  #4 4/6/18 6:58 PM
We don't mind traveling. What are the dates of the Tenn races? I see there are some in Indiana also.
red70racer (Offline)
  #5 4/7/18 10:27 AM
Wayne
We might travel to the Volunteer State for a 2 day deal
If you keep the true D-2 rules
Can you help with dates?
Jeff Palazzolo
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #6 4/7/18 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by red70racer:
Wayne
We might travel to the Volunteer State for a 2 day deal
If you keep the true D-2 rules
Can you help with dates?
Jeff Palazzolo
Jeff my rules have not changed...if they do it would be to eliminate unnecessary expense like no carbon, no titanium ...the only difference we have and the IMRA and MTM is that I allow aftermarket flat top stock equivalent piston and the only reason I do that is so all the other engines can bring their compression ratio up to the equivalent as the ecotec 2.4 Le5 engine that has stock flat top pistons...I see no need in allowing dry sump engines so it is not in my rules....over $2000 just for that and it is not necessary

Jacksonville, Florida

Griffittsmotorsports (Offline)
  #7 4/7/18 3:36 PM
The only thing drysump does is help the life of the motor so it is money well spent
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #8 4/7/18 3:53 PM
Originally Posted by Griffittsmotorsports:
The only thing drysump does is help the life of the motor so it is money well spent
Bobby you argued different when you was trying to promote D-2 racing at the 2016 meeting in St.Louis...I know cause I was setting right beside ya...but it is $$$ you DO NOT have to spend...many of these engines have been racing since 2009...I know of 2 sealed Keith Ikia engines running in Feb. without dry sump

has anyone ever tested the issues that happen in a wet sump vs. dry sump on the race track when the oil is being sloshed around hitting the crankshaft vs. not hitting the crankshaft? something you can not find on the dyno

Jacksonville, Florida

Griffittsmotorsports (Offline)
  #9 4/7/18 4:27 PM
I’ve never said anything about a drysump other then I didn’t think the mc motor needed one but after talking to a cpl guys that went to a drysump on a cycle motor there rebuild could wait longer now.. since the meeting a lot of things have changed with different areas. Since that meeting I learnt a lot about if I was going to build a car today it would be a 305 sprint car cause for what it would take to be a front runner in D2 today s guy could build a 305 and be competitive for the same price and yes it’s been proven but that’s another argument. But I will agree payouts in D2 does need to be better on the backend
dirt40 (Offline)
  #10 4/9/18 10:43 PM
The 305 class at Burlington Iowa is very good, doubt that you would be competitive on a D2 motor budget. Wayne, any updates on the dates for Tennessee?