IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: July 29-30 sprints at tri-city removed from 2016 calen
7/19/16, 9:36 PM   #21
Re: Usac: July 29-30 sprints at tri-city removed from 2016 c
kdobson

Quote:
Heck Kenny.....USAC is off that weekend...., why not work with Levi and have a Mowa/USAC double bill. Call it the"Two World Collide Best of the Midwest Super Showdown" Even offer a $5000 bonus to someone who can win both ends.
Seating capacity. Week's notice. More than double the cost of show. It would probably be the last race the track holds. We'll look at something like that someday when it can be planned and promoted properly.... actually we should probably learn how to promote properly first.

;;

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, tirespinner, TQ97
7/19/16, 10:01 PM   #22
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdobson View Post
Alright, I've gotten a couple kind of angry texts from people who think MOWA or Jacksonville had something to do with this race at Granite getting canceled. I realize the non-wing guys don't get a lot of chances to run in Illinois, and we have some good non-wing fans nearby that support our constant wing racing around here - but prefer the chance to see the rare non-wing race when they can. Heck, we even had arranged for our best sponsor to take a group of 40 to the USAC race instead of our show because they were going to be having an event during the day at Gateway that Friday. So for the record, Kevin and Tammy G and our group work together very well and talk a lot, but on this occasion there was no conspiracy against the non-wing crowd on anyone's part.

But... circumstances have us canceling our Crate Late Models next Friday during our Sprint Week show at Jacksonville - so we do have an opening in the show. I'm going to make a few calls this evening and see if we can add non-wing sprints next Friday so those of you that had your heart set on seeing non-wing sprints in Illinois next weekend can still get the fix. If Casey will let me plagiarize his WAR rules and purse... and I can find about 15 guys wanting to bring a non-wing car, we'll do it. Shoot me a text 217-371-3653 if you'd want to bring a non-wing car to Jacksonville Friday the 29th.

Ken Dobson
Ken,Thank You for stepping up and trying to arrange something.
I for one more than appreciate your efforts to fill a void that suddenly appeared.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 7/19/16 at 10:12 PM.

5 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, kart31rac, oppweld, tirespinner, wildman92
7/19/16, 10:13 PM   #23
LEADERS EDGE

Quote:
Seating capacity. Week's notice. More than double the cost of show. It would probably be the last race the track holds. We'll look at something like that someday when it can be planned and promoted properly.... actually we should probably learn how to promote properly first.

;;
How 'bout spear heading a 2017 3 to 5 day USAC Sanctioned Illinois Sprint Week culminating with a split USAC/ Mowa show.?

4 members like this post: ISF, kart31rac, oppweld, tirespinner
7/19/16, 10:37 PM   #24
mscs20

I'll be there! I appreciate the effort .

Quote:
Alright, I've gotten a couple kind of angry texts from people who think MOWA or Jacksonville had something to do with this race at Granite getting canceled. I realize the non-wing guys don't get a lot of chances to run in Illinois, and we have some good non-wing fans nearby that support our constant wing racing around here - but prefer the chance to see the rare non-wing race when they can. Heck, we even had arranged for our best sponsor to take a group of 40 to the USAC race instead of our show because they were going to be having an event during the day at Gateway that Friday. So for the record, Kevin and Tammy G and our group work together very well and talk a lot, but on this occasion there was no conspiracy against the non-wing crowd on anyone's part.

But... circumstances have us canceling our Crate Late Models next Friday during our Sprint Week show at Jacksonville - so we do have an opening in the show. I'm going to make a few calls this evening and see if we can add non-wing sprints next Friday so those of you that had your heart set on seeing non-wing sprints in Illinois next weekend can still get the fix. If Casey will let me plagiarize his WAR rules and purse... and I can find about 15 guys wanting to bring a non-wing car, we'll do it. Shoot me a text 217-371-3653 if you'd want to bring a non-wing car to Jacksonville Friday the 29th.

Ken Dobson

1 member likes this post: ISF
7/19/16, 10:42 PM   #25
streetglider

Gentlemen , u have now officially been USAC'd. Welcome to the club. 😀

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/19/16, 10:51 PM   #26
kdobson

Quote:
I'll be there! I appreciate the effort .
Thanks Steve. It's looking like we will have enough. I'll post something official Wed or Thurs of this week.

As for spearheading the Leader's Edge 2017 Sprint Week... Let's worry about keeping the region's tracks and teams floating through the end of this race season and worry about 2017 this fall when we've all hopefully made it to shore. The more pressing issue is getting race fans out this weekend to support the sport when it's going to be less than ideal temps across the Midwest. Weekends like this one is when your local track - wherever it is - really needs you all to make the effort if your health allows.

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, flagboy55, kart31rac, mscs20, oppweld
7/19/16, 11:11 PM   #27
LEADERS EDGE

Quote:
Thanks Steve. It's looking like we will have enough. I'll post something official Wed or Thurs of this week.

As for spearheading the Leader's Edge 2017 Sprint Week... Let's worry about keeping the region's tracks and teams floating through the end of this race season and worry about 2017 this fall when we've all hopefully made it to shore. The more pressing issue is getting race fans out this weekend to support the sport when it's going to be less than ideal temps across the Midwest. Weekends like this one is when your local track - wherever it is - really needs you all to make the effort if your health allows.
C'mon....it must be a done deal as you have already announced the 2017 USAC Illinois Sprint Week....Presented by Leaders Edge.(Thank you for the honorary title designation for giving you the nudge needed to get it off the paper and into motion) Is there a way for one of your sponsors to provide free bottles of water and possibly misting stations for the fans this weekend? Just big tubs placed around the facility with ice to keep them coolish?

1 member likes this post: kart31rac
7/19/16, 11:12 PM   #28
AB Racing

Not sure how a small wing series effects a non wing show? In Indiana on a Saturday night there maybe 4 tracks running non wings and Tristate running usac and they still get the best drivers and fans in the country. They aren't much farther away from the hot bed of usac drivers than Tristate. I also know there are some non wing guys n that area that would be there. ( 21 66 5). I think there is more to this story!

3 members like this post: Indy1808, oppweld, Steve Wendel
7/20/16, 12:23 AM   #29
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:

;;
Sorry Kenny, but I just couldn't let that comment pass. You are one of the few promoters around (and my "around" takes in a large area), as opposed to race track operators. You have proven that more than a few times.

2 members like this post: oppweld, SpfldMile
7/20/16, 6:01 AM   #30
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglider View Post
Gentlemen , u have now officially been USAC'd. Welcome to the club. 😀
Someone like you would be the first one complaining if there was a short field. It would be my guess that USAC did a count of who were going to be there, contacted the Gundakers, then cancelled the show so fans would not see a bad product.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: July 29-30 sprints at tri-city removed from 2016 calen