IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS Haubstadt Sunday Sept 1
9/1/13, 11:46 PM   #51
Re: MSCS Haubstadt Sunday Sept 1
jim goerge

Did any of you track prep experts look at that track before the rain? If you had you would have seen a wet track from being watered for least a week before today I don;t think it was so much what rain had fallin it was what was suppose to come later

9/1/13, 11:46 PM   #52
bmemmer

I have to say my self. I live 3 miles away and havent missed a sprint car race there in a long time. Tonight you guys have no freaking clue how bad the track was at 625 it was going to take at least two hours to even get a car on the track. With that little rain that hit at 630 it just totally killed it. With that being said I am very disappointed in the crews effort this year. Everybody wants to get on tommy for sprint week for cancelling that night but it rained for over an hour later that night but I dont get why you wouldnt reschedule the next day you are going to have fans be there and drivers for crying out loud its sprint week. Before everybody jumps on me I know tommy hasnt rescheduled a race as far as I can remember. But times have changed no reason for a short sprint week. Was very disappointed in the early cancellation of the powerI mscs show earlier in the year had great car counts in both divisions that night and amazing crowd. So much for everybody and including myself for bringing up that race on labor day a few years back when it rained 2 inches and we got it in cuz it does no good. You could have rain in the forcast and know you was seeing a race at tri state speedway now you may want to think about other plans if rain is in forcast. Sorry just speak it as I see it. Again let me say tonight there was no way we was racing after that last shower track was to far gone

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan
9/2/13, 8:15 AM   #53
PAW

When other tracks cancell, I don't want to here Tommy could of got it in. Cause we all not he Can't !!!

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, cope42, mowerman
9/2/13, 8:58 AM   #54
retired14

I have been to Haubstadt 4 times this year for sprint car events, and have been rained out twice. I know it's 200 miles round trip for me, and some people come from much further away than I, and they are just as disappointed as I am over the cancellations, and as bewildered as to why none of them were rescheduled. I'm sorry, but in my opinion, and my opinion only, I can't figure out why when you have a big event on the card, and mother nature does her thing, why you can't reschedule it for the next night when the weatherman is saying nicer things, and it's an open date. I would have gladly went back tonight for the race that was on the card for last night, and would have surely went back for the other one I was there for when it got scratched. But, then again, I am not a promoter, nor do I own a crystal ball. However, I am the guy that flops down the money to support these events, and I might not be as anxious to go back to Tri State if they are saying only a 30% chance of scattered rain.

2 members like this post: mowerman, PAW
9/2/13, 9:15 AM   #55
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

In Tri States defense.I've heard from numerous racing officials raindates rarely draw well.

9/2/13, 9:58 AM   #56
Eatin Dirt

I admit I knew there was a 30 percent chance of rain before I started my 380 mile round-trip. However that doesn't make it any easier to take when I am driving back up I-69 and the sun is shining to the west. Not the first rainout. Won't be the last.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS Haubstadt Sunday Sept 1