IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili bowl
1/20/19, 9:06 AM   #11
Re: Chili bowl
Sprintcarfanatic

Thought Bell started 2nd due to the Clash or whatever they called it. They raced 2 cars per starting with 9 - 10 & the winner moved on.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, luckybuc97, OnTheHammer, RockinRy
1/20/19, 9:17 AM   #12
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheHammer View Post
Looks like more of an observation than a complaint

But yes. Why so long?

If this sport is trying to draw in new fans this type of drawn out program/coverage certainly IS NOT positive.

What suggestions do you have Brent?

(since you think those who watched from home shouldn’t be able to ‘complain’)
350 cars, a last lap pass for the win, a packed grandstand where people resell tickets for more than they paid. I don't know if I would change a thing. Seems like it is working ok the way it is. I take that back. One thing I would change is for me to get back there, since I haven't been back since 1998.

1/20/19, 9:27 AM   #13
rclaridge

Next year I’ll just record it and watch the all the racing in 45 minutes instead of 5 hours. Nobody’s complaining about the racing just length of the broadcast.

1/20/19, 9:39 AM   #14
TQ97

I’m a diehard fan, competitor/owner in this sport my whole life, and I’m 43 now. I struggled not to throw in the towel last night. You don’t attract new fans attention by running 2 C’s and 2 B’s in 4 hours. It was almost 1 am est when the A main started for a broadcast that started at 8:30 est. It’s awesome to have the TV coverage but it was painfully long last night.

1/20/19, 9:39 AM   #15
Sprintcarfanatic

Even seen some people on twitter wondering why they did a couple of things they did taking time when a feature should of been running. 1 or 2 of them some of you hold in high regard.

Told the guy's I set with a couple of years ago that I love the racing it's the jack'n around that has to go.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, OnTheHammer, tmac39
1/20/19, 9:41 AM   #16
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The darn show has ended 12:30-1am est every year I've watched it. They even added the pole shuffle this year to the programing.

Some just look for a reason.........
Sheesh

1/20/19, 11:12 AM   #17
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

If you want to nitpick. How about Bob Dilnar interviewing 2 young women drivers and calling them "guys" 4 or 5 times. Yeesh.

1 member likes this post: OnTheHammer
1/20/19, 11:13 AM   #18
yeleyfan76

The question was why does it take so long to run 2c, 2b, and 1a. We get told we should be happy we saw it at home. The question was why does it take so long. We get stats about tix prices, full grandstands, and how many cars entered. The question was why does it take so long. We get the winner makes a last lap pass coming from 15th. Only thing is he started second after the god awful boring pole shuffle.The question was why does it take so long and a mention of who is doing the track prep. We get that another guy who is not there couldn’t compare. The thing is we won’t get a strait answer because it would require being negative about the track prep guy. The broadcast clearly had dedicated a certain percent of air time to laud TS for his efforts. Aside from a live interview while riding on the tractor from Argabright we couldn’t get enough about the prep. Maybe they can work it in for next year. The question was why did it take so long. The answer is that the final 5 races are more about the social gathering that the chili bowl has become and not the racing itself. It’s about KKR, and CMR with all of their cars. It’s about so many other things than just the racing which is what most of us who cannot attend are looking for when we turn on MAVtv on the final nite. A break from winter for three hours and watch racing.
The question was why does it take so long Brent? Why don’t you answer with I don’t know? Clearly by your answers you don’t. We know you are one of Tony’s water boys and have to defend at all costs. 3 hours is plenty of time to run those races.

1/20/19, 11:21 AM   #19
stoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Mersereau View Post
If you want to nitpick. How about Bob Dilnar interviewing 2 young women drivers and calling them "guys" 4 or 5 times. Yeesh.
Thats because they got balls

1/20/19, 11:29 AM   #20
bigq11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclaridge View Post
Next year I’ll just record it and watch the all the racing in 45 minutes instead of 5 hours. Nobody’s complaining about the racing just length of the broadcast.
Exactly what I did this year. Didn't miss any of the racing and didn't have to sit through all the down time.

3 members like this post: OnTheHammer, rclaridge, Will Shunk
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili bowl