IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Floracing Bubba Night 1 on Com
2/16/19, 9:33 PM   #31
1021gpa

Mod lites suck was down there Thursday and Friday had to come home today for work it takes forever to get them.done and I must say the announcers are just as bad

2 members like this post: RockinRy, tirespinner
2/16/19, 11:21 PM   #32
Re: Floracing Bubba Night 1 on Com
ossuks

we all have opinions....thought the mini-mods were ok, and the pa guy was fantastic!

2/16/19, 11:47 PM   #33
Stephen Cording

5 night's of racing under the belt and my addiction has been fed.

Ok so a couple of nights had technical gremlins but not enough to make me want to throw my toys out the pram. At $2. A show it'd be just plain rude to complain.

Loved the infield camera work from DM and Georgia's pit interviews really added depth to the show. And Jackslash was smooth and informative as the main commentator.

Can only see this getting better and better. Even more so when they're not having to work with Florida's dial-up internet.

Big high 5 to everyone on the FloRacing / USAC team for me
Last edited by Stephen Cording; 2/17/19 at 5:26 AM.

2/17/19, 12:16 PM   #34
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Generally Pleased, All gripes have been geared towards improvement and not personal

Of the five shows, Four were good to great as far as quality. One I had a lot of problems but lifes not fair. Really looking forward to catching many of the shows I couldn't before. While I purchased a lot of the speedshift events, I couldn't do it nearly as often as I wanted too, Especially when racing season was in session

This package makes it possible to see all the races I can't make, doesn't keep me from making the ones I can and for most tracks, makes me want to visit them more.

Ocala was a different track each night with different types of racing. The racers put on the best show they could

Aparently both Fri and Sat both Sunshine make a late race run gaining many positions. We didn't see this on the broadcast. Same as the midget show where KTJ passed five cars in the last few laps.

Show the leader, fall back to the racing for position and less zoom in's late race. Just my suggestions for improvement

Thank you USAC, Flo crew, track and teams!

3 members like this post: dirt330, mike-chicago, RockinRy
2/17/19, 4:01 PM   #35
kplange

Happy that everybody has enjoyed their experience with FloRacing. Wish I was one of them. Went out and bought a Roku Streaming Stick Plus and a year subscription to FloRacing. The selection that shows up on my TV screen is around nine races, only one of which are USAC sprints. With that one, I was able to watch hot laps, qualifying and heats. No feature, as the tape ended. Same thing happened with the 360 winged sprints at East Bay. I guess these races are floating around somewhere, but certainly not on my screen.
Today, I attempted to watch last night's USAC race and it's not even available.

I contacted FloSports and received a reply a day later informing me that "Roku selection is limited due to capabilities on Roku's end" They let me know that I can see the full selection on their website. Sure enough, the full list is there. I guess I get to watch them on my 19" monitor instead of my 55" TV. Great!!

Also read the fine print in their FAQ's. Cancellations are permitted, but no refunds if not satisfied.

Hope there is some fix on the way for this, as it was money that could have been put to better use.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
2/17/19, 4:24 PM   #36
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kplange View Post
Happy that everybody has enjoyed their experience with FloRacing. Wish I was one of them. Went out and bought a Roku Streaming Stick Plus and a year subscription to FloRacing. The selection that shows up on my TV screen is around nine races, only one of which are USAC sprints. With that one, I was able to watch hot laps, qualifying and heats. No feature, as the tape ended. Same thing happened with the 360 winged sprints at East Bay. I guess these races are floating around somewhere, but certainly not on my screen.
Today, I attempted to watch last night's USAC race and it's not even available.

I contacted FloSports and received a reply a day later informing me that "Roku selection is limited due to capabilities on Roku's end" They let me know that I can see the full selection on their website. Sure enough, the full list is there. I guess I get to watch them on my 19" monitor instead of my 55" TV. Great!!

Also read the fine print in their FAQ's. Cancellations are permitted, but no refunds if not satisfied.

Hope there is some fix on the way for this, as it was money that could have been put to better use.
Is your computer HDMI capable? Just stream it from your puter to your TV by HDMI cable. Know it' not what you want to hear but it's what I do.

As for past races, they usually don't show up until a day or two later. Even on Lucasoiltv that's the case.

Hope both Flo and you get it figured out.

For the most part for me, it's been more than worth it.

1 member likes this post: RockinRy
2/17/19, 4:31 PM   #37
kplange

I thought of that before I bought the Roku Stick, but my pc doesn't have an HDMI port, plus I'd need a thirty foot cable if it was capable. I should have quit at that time.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
2/19/19, 1:42 PM   #38
kplange

I'll have to give FloRacing some credit after all. They did get back to me with a link to their archived races, which I'm now able to watch on my pc. As far as the current ones on FloSports, I see that all three nights of USAC sprints appeared on my Roku last night, although night two ends just as the feature is pushing off. As well, all the archived USAC races are still on Loudpedal's website for the time being, so I've been able to access them there. I hope that site doesn't disappear. All in all, it now appears that the subscription was money well spent.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/20/19, 6:52 PM   #39
kplange

Anybody have some insight on getting FloRacing on a newly purchased Apple TV 4K? I already have a PRO subscription to FloRacing, but keep getting prompted to go to the App Store, as I'm trying to set this thing up. I'm not going to purchase a subscription a second time. Don't tell me to contact FloSports, as they have been little to no help with my Roku questions. Anyway, with around $540 Canadian dollars now tied up in this whole deal, I hope I can get to watch some racing. Any advice appreciated.

6/21/19, 10:49 PM   #40
kplange

Up and running with my Apple TV. Lots of issues that were Apple related, but they were eventually resolved. To Flosport's credit, they did respond to an enquiry almost immediately and we did have an ongoing email discussion for a bit. Hopefully, I can now sit back and enjoy. The Roku Streaming Stick Plus will be going on Craigslist. Don't waste your money.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Floracing Bubba Night 1 on Com