IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Push Vehicle question/Getting Sprint to the grid
1/18/19, 3:05 AM   #11
ChanceDHolley

Race Count This Year: 31
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint8586 View Post
I use a two legged 27 year old. It gets cranky and doesn't work well on uphill slopes, but with help we manage.
Thanks Dad. For the record, I only get cranky when I haven't been properly fed.

On the bright side, pushing the car by hand certainly makes me pay more attention to weight reduction.

Working for other teams, I've found that a 90 is not really sufficient for a full size sprint. Sure, it will get the car moving and keep it moving, but if you have to start and stop on an incline or turn right it can be a real bear. It doesnt seem like the clutches in those little things can handle that kind of abuse for very long either, butg sometimes budget or trailer space make a miniquad the only choice.

Anything 250 or up will get the job done with power to spare. "Utility" models are better than "sport quads" because you can more easily throw a few tires and some fuel on a utility model to take to the work area.
Last edited by ChanceDHolley; 1/18/19 at 3:18 AM.

3 members like this post: interpreter66, ScottShot, Sprint8586
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Push Vehicle question/Getting Sprint to the grid