IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > JJ Yeley DQ'ed from Chili Bowl Heat race
1/18/19, 10:03 AM   #11
Re: JJ Yeley DQ'ed from Chili Bowl Heat race
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter View Post
I think you have to use the fuel provided. Something about the makeup of it makes it easier to tolerate the fumes in the indoor area (wish they would use it at Du Quoin). I don’t know Chili Bowl procedures for checking the fuel, but I read somewhere they fuel check is done to make sure the fuel that is required, which has been dyed with color, is what is being used. I have no doubt Yeley simply missed the checkpoint somehow. Never known him to be accused of flouting rules.
then you never heard of his illegally offset sprintcar chassis in the Non-wing World Championship races in 2002.

1 member likes this post: progressive22
1/18/19, 10:52 AM   #12
trannyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmakin View Post
Well, just because you have to buy the fuel there doesn't mean that you can't screw with it. . . . .
So true.I've heard stories of guys going to local stores and buying food coloring dye.Then,from there,matching colors.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > JJ Yeley DQ'ed from Chili Bowl Heat race