IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
John P Huss (Offline)
  #11 5/22/13 12:19 AM
I'm looking forward to the "Hulman Classic".
Let's hope the weather improves. Tony Hulman
was a class act in his time. Have always had a
huge amount of respect for him!
Best Regards,
John
2 Likes: fish, Indy1808
on_the_hammer (Offline)
  #12 5/22/13 12:37 AM
If the grounds are dry like they say and the system that looks to be rolling through about noon isn't too bad the tail end looks very promising. Hope they give it a shot and not cancel at the first sight of rain

Posted via Mobile Device
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #13 5/22/13 12:59 AM
I kinda thought USAC would cancel on monday at the mere mention of rain and save me the trouble of even thinking about going.............................. Might as well Cancel Thursday as well, Heard it might rain within 300 miles of the fairgrounds.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: Midget 89, UberKuhlMan
cmakin (Offline)
  #14 5/22/13 5:21 AM
Just a thought. Should TH rain out today, the Friday forecast is for no rain. Now, I seem to recall something about the Hoosier 100 being moved to Thursday to allow a potential Friday rain date. Would USAC postpone moving TH to Friday until the race at the Fairgrounds is run? I also note that the Thursday forecast looks pretty favorable, too.

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
3 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, UberKuhlMan
1955indy (Offline)
  #15 5/22/13 5:53 AM
Originally Posted by sprntr:
Leaving Minnesota tomorrow morning, first stop Terre Haute!

steiny
Same here. Flying out of MSP Wed and going to Terre Haute if the rain stays away.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #16 5/22/13 6:49 AM
All this negative talk is why promoters cancel early. People get on here and moan about the weather, and talk each other out of going before it even rains. The promoter runs and everyone stays home and they lose their a$$. I am going to Terre Haute. Now work has to cooperate so I don't have to rush.
20 Likes: agar, captrat, cmakin, dirtcarfan, fish, flatout18, Indy1808, interpreter66, jim goerge, JMA1181, Koonzee, Midget 89, Mud Packer, openwheelKT, racing2bwithu2, ronmil, ROSS, The Old Coyote, wildman92
tamati (Offline)
  #17 5/22/13 7:05 AM
im with ya brent im leaving Michigan around 11:00 wed. its indy week lets go have fun and enjoy these races.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, dickster
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #18 5/22/13 7:11 AM
I will be there regardless. Looking forward to a good show at this classy ole lady speed plant.

Posted via Mobile Device
openwheelKT (Offline)
  #19 5/22/13 7:18 AM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
All this negative talk is why promoters cancel early. People get on here and moan about the weather, and talk each other out of going before it even rains. The promoter runs and everyone stays home and they lose their a$$. I am going to Terre Haute. Now work has to cooperate so I don't have to rush.
I look at it the same way you do. Sure, I look at the weather to get a ballpark look (which really is worthless most times), but I don't really get too up or down about it. It is tuff to guess for those coming long distance so I understand that. Little easier for fans within a couple hours to make a last minute decision.

Here's what I don't get with fans and weather. People do realize that it only has not NOT rain on one half mile circle in the whole state, right? So they say rain, doesn't mean it will be at the exact location... Might, might not.

I heard one Indy weatherman say once he puts a chance of rain in the forecast if it's within 200 miles of Indy. I could do that.
UberKuhlMan (Offline)
  #20 5/22/13 8:53 AM
Bookin it from school as soon as the final bell rings. This will be my first "Hulman" but not my first time at Terre Haute. With only 4 sprint car races there all year, I wouldn't want to miss any of them. According to video, last year's race was a barn burner.