IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Eatin Dirt (Offline)
  #21 7/30/16 10:54 PM
What an emotional Victory Lane, awesome race tonight great tribute.
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, Motormasher, pushinthecushin, RynoK1999
SprintManDave (Offline)
  #22 7/30/16 10:57 PM
Thanks Gregg!
2 Likes: Pat O'Connor Fan, pushinthecushin
PushEm (Offline)
  #23 7/30/16 10:58 PM
Congrats Josh Hodges on the win. Great job on updates tonight.
3 Likes: Dgentry51, DirtHawk92, pushinthecushin
Jim Gardner (Offline)
  #24 7/30/16 11:01 PM
Dickie's drive from the back to win the b in the Soudrette car was worth the 15 bucks alone.

Big tip of the hat to Andretti. Throwing big sliders and really getting after it. He's looked good since getting in that DRC.

Jim Gardner
8 Likes: ARG, Dgentry51, Eatin Dirt, oppweld, pushinthecushin, tirespinner, trannyman, Wildthing
REH24 (Offline)
  #25 7/30/16 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by PushEm:
Congrats Josh Hodges on the win. Great job on updates tonight.
Is he related to Rockey Hodges?

"Don't let your life determine your attitude, let your attitude determine your life"

“Sight has to do with what we can see, but vision has to do with what we can be.”
pushinthecushin (Offline)
  #26 7/30/16 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by REH24:
Is he related to Rockey Hodges?
No he isn't REH24
2 Likes: REH24, tirespinner
ARG (Offline)
  #27 7/31/16 12:39 AM
Big shout out to the Westerfeld crew and Logan Hupp doing whatever they could to help make sure the Soudrette 44 was able to race! The sportsmanship at the 'Burg is amazing! What a great night and honor to be apart of this with Soudrette family.
6 Likes: Charles Nungester, DirtHawk92, i love dirt track racing, Pat O'Connor Fan, pushinthecushin, sprinter14
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #28 7/31/16 1:39 AM
An air of New Mexican Enchantment overshadowed the Buckeye series in the Hoosier State Saturday Night?

Has a nice ring to it, Huh?

Congrats to Josh Hodges, He's a natural after what I've seen him do at the burg his three visits and the other sprint week shows I seen him.

Moffatt in the McVey Sprinter was bad fast but only on one restart did he grab the lead after Hodges lap nine pass. It was short lived.

Andretti was picking off cars like crazy after halfway and with six to go apeared to throw the slider of all sliders on both Moffatt and Hodges. He actually got up beside hodges but was way out of shape to get down the straight away and ended up hitting the entry way to the track wall. Tumbled sideways then did a end over which put him at the top of the fence level and landed on his wheels throttle still going full bore after a few seconds he flipped it to the off possition, I seen him talking and taking is helmet off on is own then he got out, Very unsteady at first but he regained is witts fast.

I honstly thought it was either a hail Mary move or is throttle was stuck because the slider didn't start till well into turn three vs entering, In any case it sorta looked un-natural.

Any way, BOSS ROCKS AGAIN 40 cars for the memory of Jason Soudrette Five heats, Two consis and a feature YAY!

Everybody be safe going home as you head on down that Rt. 50 road and Jason Soudrette will play a little Bass for ya from when he was with the Band THE TILLER's who are now known nationwide at folk festivals.

This song "There's a Road" Rt. 50 The Video was filmed mostly between Versailles and North Vernon of which this two night BOOS weekend covered.

You Tube Video

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: ARG, DirtHawk92, i love dirt track racing, pushinthecushin
Shopboss (Offline)
  #29 7/31/16 12:39 PM
With Clouse sitting all by himself in the last row at the start of the race and driving up to finish 5th that was the run of the night!
7 Likes: abel04, Charles Nungester, i love dirt track racing, mtek56, pushinthecushin, Redmist2, sprinter14
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #30 7/31/16 1:02 PM
Originally Posted by Shopboss:
With Clouse sitting all by himself in the last row at the start of the race and driving up to finish 5th that was the run of the night!
That and Dickie winning the B from the tail and starting 22nd in the A finishing seventh. That was pure Jason Soudrette Style as they always seemed behind the eight ball either by missing settup, bad draw or something happening in the heat and then battling from the tail to sometimes podium.

Nothing fancy on that team, never has been. No qualifyng motor. Justa sprint car and good racer in the seat.

Another couple things that went on was the Soudrette Family put up a hundred for fastest hot lap time. And Sparc2 Racefan Club put up a hundred dollars, Twentyfive each for the kid that pulled the number one redraw pill in each class.

Heard the teams had a softball game earlier in the day on the fields behind the track. Also thanks for everyone who helped get JSR back for the consi and feature Bravo!

I joked with John Soudrette at Bloomington when I seen a new tire going on that Somebody mortgaged the house.. It's true BOSS style, Run what ya brung, Have fun and may the best man and team win.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: ARG, pushinthecushin