IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > orp really?
7/22/10, 7:25 PM   #11
Re: orp really?
onthegas7j

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 31

i am too

7/22/10, 7:32 PM   #12
IndyBound

Wish I was at ORP tonight, also hope the live streaming comes back up from ORP.

An if you think getting mud on your shoes is a bad day go on line to Doug's Dirt Diary.com click on Images and check out the tornado damage done to Can Am Speedway near La Fargeville, N. Y. yesterday. It is a safe bet they will not be racing Friday night.

Patti

7/22/10, 8:06 PM   #13
purvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKracing View Post
So far my experience tonight at orp sucks. I parked by the drag strip sand trap then walked in deep mud to the ticket booth where I paid 22 bucks for general admission. On top of all this I paid 5 bucks to park and then walk through mud! Orp sucks.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have to agree, today is absolutely awful. The sun rose this morning and God blessed me and allowed me to wake. Then I was blessed again and allowed to take my two youngest girls to a night at the races. Things only became worse when we had to walk through some puddles left over from the rains that had fallen after providing some moisture to the plants that we use to sustain ourselves. The best part of the rain is that it stopped in time for the track to dry and allow us to see the racing that we all love. Today is truly an awful day.
Yes this reply was written with some sarcasm.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: REH24
7/22/10, 8:11 PM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Track just issued a apology to fans over parking and ground on pa system. What more can they do besides not have a race and have no complaints?

1 member likes this post: 9racing
7/22/10, 8:15 PM   #15
EKracing

How about waiving 5 freakin buck parking fee so I can buy a 5 dollar soda! That was cool that they apologized so I'm happy now.
Posted via Mobile Device

7/22/10, 9:05 PM   #16
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthegas7j View Post
be happy you could be stuck in the desert.. just sayin
What da ya call this place....I live in??......I'd call it "The Desert"...hot,dry,dusty.....just here for now!!...........

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
7/22/10, 9:47 PM   #17
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by purvis View Post
I have to agree, today is absolutely awful. The sun rose this morning and God blessed me and allowed me to wake. Then I was blessed again and allowed to take my two youngest girls to a night at the races. Things only became worse when we had to walk through some puddles left over from the rains that had fallen after providing some moisture to the plants that we use to sustain ourselves. The best part of the rain is that it stopped in time for the track to dry and allow us to see the racing that we all love. Today is truly an awful day.
Yes this reply was written with some sarcasm.
Posted via Mobile Device
Great points! even cooler you can type all of this on a phone! I had two dirts track races planned for the weekend, and it's looking iffy.
Last time I was at ORP, I walked a lot. It's a big track! I also got a speeding ticket in Michigan on the way down! The last 50 laps got rained out. But it's the last time I got to see Charlie Bradberry (a late model racer) race, before he passed away. A weeknight race is a rare treat up here, something I look forward to, also I know to expect some oddities. I don't agree with the parking fee!

7/22/10, 9:49 PM   #18
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Track just issued a apology to fans over parking and ground on pa system. What more can they do besides not have a race and have no complaints?
Gee, do you think they also read IOW posts and saw this one?

REH

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKracing View Post
So far my experience tonight at orp sucks. I parked by the drag strip sand trap then walked in deep mud to the ticket booth where I paid 22 bucks for general admission. On top of all this I paid 5 bucks to park and then walk through mud! Orp sucks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Parking fee is nothing new at ORP, they have been charging for parking back in the late 80's or early 90's for events.

REH

7/23/10, 12:48 AM   #19
bullring

So it costs $5 to park but you can take in a cooler with pop, beer, and food. Wow. Maybe you should get paid for showing up.

7/23/10, 12:54 AM   #20
Hubie

Parking sucked, Silver Crown race was great

very exciting!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > orp really?