IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WAR Sprints at Belle-Clair Friday April 15th
4/11/16, 11:47 AM   #1
WAR Sprints at Belle-Clair Friday April 15th
Brian Thompson

Belleville, IL – This Friday, April 15th Belle-Clair Speedway will be hosting the Non-Wing Nationals, featuring BOSS Chassis WAR Non-Wing Sprints, Speedway Motors 600cc Outlaw Micros, Mod Lites/Dwarfs and the Vintage Cars. This will be the first ever appearance of non-wing sprint cars at the high-banked 1/5th mile oval. After being rained out for their season opener at I-35 Speedway, the April 15th show at Belle-Clair will kick off 2016 for the BOSS Chassis WAR Non-Wing Sprints before the series travels to Saint Francois County Raceway on Saturday.

The Speedway Motors POWRi 600cc Outlaw Micro Series will also be in attendance Friday, beginning their 2016 tour, as well. This will be the first of 12 shows the POWRi Micros will run at Belle-Clair Speedway in 2016. The POWRi Micros put on fantastic shows with close-quartered, side-by-side racing. In 2015, Joe B. Miller, Aaron Andruskevitch, and Dereck King all took victories when POWRi came to town. Also racing alongside both classes and making their first appearance at Belle-Clair, the Mod Lites / Dwarfs will be running Friday night.

Spectator gates will open at 5:00pm, hot laps at 6:30pm with racing following hot laps.
General Admission is $15.00 Kids (under 12) FREE with adult. For more Information, go to www.belleclairspeedway.com.

Friday 4/15 Classes
WAR Non-Wing Sprints
Speedway Motors 600cc Outlaw Micro Series / BOSS Micros
Mod Lites / Dwarfs
Vintage

Friday 4/15 Times
Pit Gates Open – 3:00pm
Spectator gates open – 5:00pm
General Admission – $15.00, Kids (under 12) FREE with adult
Hot Laps – 6:30pm, racing following hot laps

2 members like this post: cshuman, jim goerge
4/11/16, 6:46 PM   #2
Re: WAR Sprints at Belle-Clair Friday April 15th
Andrew S. Quinn

Wonder if the Cushion will look anything like this at the end of the night?

Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 4/11/16 at 6:48 PM.

4/11/16, 10:44 PM   #3
jahmo55

I wonder if Red70Racer's head will be in your next Pic?

4/12/16, 7:08 AM   #4
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahmo55 View Post
I wonder if Red70Racer's head will be in your next Pic?
He might be,as he sits near me quite often in the past. Wally Mcduffy introduced us a few years ago,and I hope to see Wally this year at Little Bellville. He was missing last year when I was over.

I'm planning on going over after work on Friday. I love the place for midgets.and have wondered how traditional sprints would be there.

Steve Cording has an even better shot of the cushion after a midget race there. It was about 3 feet tall. I have better shots myself, but they must be in my camera instead of my phone.
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 4/12/16 at 7:09 AM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97
4/12/16, 11:07 AM   #5
Brian Thompson

I cannot imagine Jeff not being there for this one. Yes I do expect a really nice cushion to lean on

3 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, red70racer
4/12/16, 11:43 PM   #6
red70racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Thompson View Post
I cannot imagine Jeff not being there for this one. Yes I do expect a really nice cushion to lean on
The red 70 sprint car will be present and accounted for at Belleville Friday night
I'm a thinking I'll be in the pits instead of my favorite roost coming out of turn 2
We did a test & tune once at Belleclair with our midget and non wing sprint car, Pete in the sprint and Howard Worrell in the midget, the midget destroyed the sprinter as far as quick, but the sprint car was cool as hell going around there
We're excited to get the season started close to home

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
4/13/16, 12:13 PM   #7
Brian Thompson

Saw Peter the other night and he seemed pretty excited about running the sprint car there. Should be fun. Been looking forward to this one. Joe B looked pretty exciting when he practiced a few weeks ago.

Brian

4/13/16, 2:02 PM   #8
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Would love to see the sprints at Belle-Clair, but I guess I'll head to the USAC show at Bloomington this time. Hopefully they will run the sprints again this season (in conjunction with the POWRi midgets would be nice)!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
4/13/16, 6:35 PM   #9
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Would love to see the sprints at Belle-Clair, but I guess I'll head to the USAC show at Bloomington this time. Hopefully they will run the sprints again this season (in conjunction with the POWRi midgets would be nice)!
I'm with Rom on this one. I"d love to see non wing sprints there but with the way my health is, the hour and a half to and from Bloomington for USAC sprints sounds a lot better than the three hour one way trip to little Bellville even though if PowrI midgets running I don"t have any kind of problem lol

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97, ronmil
4/15/16, 8:55 PM   #10
JJMooney

WAR Sprints @ Belle-Clair
4/15/16
Fastest car in hot laps: Joe B Miller 11.44
19 cars
Heat 1 finish: Chris Parkinson, Joe B Miller, Shane Cockrum
Heat 2 finish: Tucker Klausmeyer, Austin Brown, Terry Babb
Heat 3 finish: Zach Daum, Steve Thomas, Clinton Boyles

3 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, jim goerge, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WAR Sprints at Belle-Clair Friday April 15th