IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora USAC this Saturday
4/20/14, 1:11 AM   #51
Re: Eldora USAC this Saturday
johnnythunderhead
Banned

dust hasn't been a problem? what race were you at? they watered the track , worked the track, watered the track and it still turned to dust, I'd say its time to get rid of the farm dirt and lay down some legitimate sticky-squishy clay that'll hold some water! the racing was fairly good no thanks to the dust bowl, congratulations mr. darland. could not believe it, in fact it made me laugh, the guy behind me booed dave darland AFTER THE RACE WHILE EVERYONE ELSE APPLAUDED. I'VE NEVER HEARD ANYONE BOO DARLAND BEFORE, I FIGURE HE DID IT FOR COMIC RELIEF? I must agree with mr. fishburger, the track was well staffed and ran a smooth professional show, they did all they could with the track surface too, its just beyond help though I'm afraid!
Last edited by johnnythunderhead; 4/20/14 at 1:18 AM.

8 members like this post: dirtball, dkdorkboy, duel, DWX 9929, IndyBound, mc/rider, racegal
4/20/14, 1:35 AM   #52
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

It was another great night at the big E..yes it was dusty..was it a problem for me..not so much..I was down in the infield for the heats and bmain and they were flat out gettin it..DD, Stockon, and Hines had the cars to beat tonight..but Dave got it done, and once he got the lead he was gone..Hope everyone has a great Easter.

Tyler

3 members like this post: FishBurger, johnnythunderhead, racegal
4/20/14, 1:55 AM   #53
Jerry Shaw

There for a while I thought they had the dust monster tamed. Until the feature, when it kind of woke from hibernation and went on a rampage. It wasn't a really good race, after Dave wrestled the lead away from Chase. It's always good to see Darland win, though. First of all, because he's done a lot for racing in our area and he and Phillips deserve good results. And secondly, because since he's so popular, when he wins, the crowd wants to hang around to see him celebrate his victory, so you can get out of the parking lot and down the road with a minimal amount of traffic congestion. Which helps when you have a 200 mile trip home.

I don't usually go to Eldora expecting to see an all out war, like I do at some tracks, but I always have a good time on my 2 or 3 trips there, per year. Watching cars go fast at the big track with good friends is one of the things that always makes it worth the long trip.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

8 members like this post: cwfan08, dirtball, duel, FishBurger, IndyBound, racegal, ronmil, speed bump
4/20/14, 10:04 AM   #54
Nate

Good experience at Eldora last night, Darland gets the win which its always nice to see a Hoosier get into victory lane.

I was VERY impressed with how the track was ran last night. They were quick with hot laps, qualifying, the heats, track prep. I think thats the earliest I've ever gotten home from Eldora.

The track was a dust bowl like others have mentioned in comments above. Not sure what they plan to do but something seriously needs to be done. Last year for both major late model shows (Dream & World 100) you couldnt even see the track from where we sit in the bleachers up at the top of turn 4. However, I will say they did everything they could for the surface last night, it just doesnt hold water like it has in years past.

Overall a good evening, good racing, cheap adult beverages like always, and done in a timely manner. Still a great place to go watch a race.

3 members like this post: dirtball, EPSpeed, racegal
4/20/14, 11:17 AM   #55
on_the_edge

Stockon lost the right front torsion stop right after that second red he was lucky to finish the race let alone hold onto 2nd. I think the battle for the lead would have been a lot better if not for that.

2 members like this post: Bushwacker, dirtball
4/20/14, 11:41 AM   #56
RichH

Dust has been a problem at Eldora for many years,why I have no real idea. Last night was actually much better than the norm, in my experience.
I got home at a decent hour,not totally covered with dust and had a little convincing to do that I actually was at Eldora!

3 members like this post: FishBurger, Gregg, racegal
4/20/14, 12:33 PM   #57
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Congrats to DD,hats off to the rest of the field.Seen a great race and many friends.Dust is a problem but there wasn't any in the pickles and onions plus they had sauer kraut for the dogs YUMMY

4 members like this post: duel, FishBurger, racegal, racing2bwithu2
4/20/14, 12:36 PM   #58
SPRINTCAR

Gee, I go to dirt tracks all the time and there is dust, dirt does make dust now an then. 10 laps into the feature don't make for a dusty nite. Got out of there and on the road at 9:45, home in Cincy at midnight.

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
4/20/14, 12:55 PM   #59
Hot Rod K.

Sitting here in jaw gaped astonishment as I must agree with thunderhead. New clay (the bright red kind from Georgia) has been needed ever since they applied what appeared to be field dirt from the back forty. Does anyone remember the fiasco a few years back at the USAC opener when they worked the track for six hours then canceled? The track looked gray; like they had put volcano ash on the thing. It has not been right since. Keep the jumbotron and give us a real racetrack with real clay!

3 members like this post: duel, mc/rider, sc17x
4/20/14, 1:09 PM   #60
Gregg

Always great to see DD win. It was dusty but plenty racey. I got home at 11:30; they earliest I made it home from Eldora in a long time. Can't wait for the 4-1 Crowns.

3 members like this post: cwfan08, FishBurger, racegal
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora USAC this Saturday