IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help, visiting racefan
4/18/14, 8:28 AM   #1
Help, visiting racefan
Woozman1

Hi guys & girls,
I am visiting Indiana from Australia the end of may '14 looking to catch some sprint action. Where do I go may 31st Paragon KISS $2500 to win or Lincoln park sprints? I had planned on Paragon but just saw the schedule for the Lincoln park race which would you guys recommend please?

4/18/14, 8:39 AM   #2
Re: Help, visiting racefan
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Probably can't go wrong either place; KISS should draw some good equipment but LPS always has a stout field. It may come down to your preference in race tracks. Paragon is sort of a paper-clippy 3/8, haul it down in the turns and dragrace to the next corner; amenities are, um, "quaint". LPS is a heavy clay, high-banked bowl that usually develops two grooves, one at the bottom and one right up against a substantial cushion; nice concrete stands, well-organized and decent concessions.
One other thing, if it matters to you; LPS sells beer & other adult beverages, Paragon is BYOB....
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1 member likes this post: mowerman
4/18/14, 8:42 AM   #3
dirt330

Both tracks have great racing. I like attending KISS shows. The should have a little better car count. You can't go wrong attending either track. Welcome to the great State of Indiana, home of the worlds best racing.

1 member likes this post: racegal
4/18/14, 8:50 AM   #4
Jerry Shaw

I love both tracks and go to Putnamville more than any other Saturday night track. With that said, that night I will be at Paragon watching the KISS race. That's one race I will not miss. You put that stellar field on that historic track, which remains untouched by time and you just get a different kind of night at the races.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

1 member likes this post: dirt330
4/18/14, 8:57 AM   #5
JJMooney

Hit both. Start the night at LPS. It's possible their sprint feature could be done before 10. It sometimes is. Then drive down to Paragon. It's only about 30 minutes between the two. Odds are pretty good you'll make it to Paragon in time for the KISS feature. Just keep in mind, that unlike most race tracks where the ticket takers disappear by main event time, Paragon will still make you buy a ticket.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
4/18/14, 7:09 PM   #6
Woozman1

Thanks for the reply's, still not sure. $2500 to win has got to pull some good cars but Putnamville sounds fast!

4/18/14, 9:07 PM   #7
johnnythunderhead
Banned

if its speed you want go to Lawrenceburg, high banked wide 3/8ths, lots of speed there

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help, visiting racefan