IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ARCA-Dakoda Armstrong
9/20/09, 10:40 AM   #1
ARCA-Dakoda Armstrong
FATHEADZ

Congratulations to Dakoda Armstrong in his first run at Salem Speedway with the ARCA REMAX Series. He finished third behind Parker Kligerman and Justin Lofton (that are number one and two in points). A post sometime ago on here said that I hope that Dakoda doesn’t embarrass himself and or the open wheel community…….. I guess you got your answer.

Great job Dakoda!

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
9/20/09, 11:33 AM   #2
Re: ARCA-Dakoda Armstrong
KRJoyce1

Congrats on the Great Run Dakota. Way to go!!!

9/20/09, 11:37 AM   #3
midgetmaniac

Where did he start? I know it was not in the back. Yeah he finished 3rd , mommy/daddy's $ got him the ride. Heck if he finished 3rd I'd put $ on these drivers winning in this car , DD,JCjr,JS,CW,BK,BS,LJ.TH. Now if this sounds cold ,the fact remains these drivers spanked his a## in sprints/midgets. He is not even capable of carrying their helmet bag. I am glad he finished 3rd because when he does good it may open up another opportunity for a more deserving driver.Nascar had better be careful because drivers who should not be in cars on talent and getting in them with $ is one of the downfalls of indycars. Ironically it is one of the same owners who is doing it. What happened to the idea of good drivers being successful in sprints /midget and moving up due to their success.

9/20/09, 11:41 AM   #4
GFMMInc

true...

9/20/09, 12:33 PM   #5
racephoto1

I'll wade in on this one, and pee people off in the process. First it takes money to race, and if you have it use it.This isn't a sport for empty pockets and poor people, if it was everyone would be doing it. What is the difference between spending family money or a sponsor's money? None.If you don't like it too bad, that's racing.

As for Dakoda, no he isn't a "sprint" racer. Short races aren't really his forte. The longer the race the better he runs. He may not fit the mold of the local "sprint" racer, but uses what he can do to his advantage. I'd call that a smart racer.

As for Salem, you can ***** all you want, but that car didn't drive it self. And if you've never scene the race there, you have no idea what an accomplishment it is to survive that meat grinder.

9/20/09, 12:37 PM   #6
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetmaniac View Post
Where did he start? I know it was not in the back. Yeah he finished 3rd , mommy/daddy's $ got him the ride. Heck if he finished 3rd I'd put $ on these drivers winning in this car , DD,JCjr,JS,CW,BK,BS,LJ.TH. Now if this sounds cold ,the fact remains these drivers spanked his a## in sprints/midgets. He is not even capable of carrying their helmet bag. I am glad he finished 3rd because when he does good it may open up another opportunity for a more deserving driver.Nascar had better be careful because drivers who should not be in cars on talent and getting in them with $ is one of the downfalls of indycars. Ironically it is one of the same owners who is doing it. What happened to the idea of good drivers being successful in sprints /midget and moving up due to their success.
Sounds like a lot of jealousy going on here. Cant you just be happy for him and hope that someone you think deserves a shot gets one too?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: apexonephoto, AustinSprinter, dirtnonwingfan
9/20/09, 1:06 PM   #7
midgetmaniac

No jealousy here, Im just old school have seen what has happened in indy cars and am starting to see a trend. I want to see drivers who win races in sprints and midgets get their chance. It used to be that car owners would build their cars and go find a good driver to win and take care of their equipment. Now we have car owners(Nascar@Indycar) who put drivers in cars by how much the driver can put in the owners bank account. I am happy for his success ,however is this for the best of the sport?

9/20/09, 1:10 PM   #8
Gregg

Maybe Dakoda just wants it more.

He's a developement driver for Roger Renske. I don't think the captain is in the habit of picking drivers names out of a hat.

Excellent run. Dakoda.

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, mtek56
9/20/09, 1:29 PM   #9
midgetmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
I'll wade in on this one, and pee people off in the process. First it takes money to race, and if you have it use it.This isn't a sport for empty pockets and poor people, if it was everyone would be doing it. What is the difference between spending family money or a sponsor's money? None.If you don't like it too bad, that's racing.

As for Dakoda, no he isn't a "sprint" racer. Short races aren't really his forte. The longer the race the better he runs. He may not fit the mold of the local "sprint" racer, but uses what he can do to his advantage. I'd call that a smart racer.

As for Salem, you can ***** all you want, but that car didn't drive it self. And if you've never scene the race there, you have no idea what an accomplishment it is to survive that meat grinder.
I agree with you that it takes $ and to be successful your going to spend a little. The difference for me has to do with the fact that car owners/sponsors used to build good cars and put successful drivers at the lower level in them. Now it is buy a ride which I think sucks and is not in the best interest of the sport long term.
Dakoda is not a bad kid but what has he really accomplished on a national scale, nothing. The drivers I mentioned earlier have. There is no comparison , those drivers would without any question , out perform him in a ARCA car. Yes I have been to Salem , to many times to count ,it is scary fast and the majority of your winners or to do good you need to start close to the front.

9/20/09, 1:47 PM   #10
Lauren Besecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetmaniac View Post
The drivers I mentioned earlier have. There is no comparison , those drivers would without any question , out perform him in a ARCA car. .
Hey, you might be right. However, some of those drivers have gone "head to head" with Dakoda so to speak in stock car "situations" in the past...and um, they didn't out perform him. Of course, you would have no way of knowing that b/c it wasn't posted on any message boards....

Lauren

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

OH...and I should also mention...be it this post or the 23847239827384829374 other posts that discredit any good runs drivers have based on "startiing position"....

Um, **NEWSFLASH***drivers qualify to get their cars close to the front.

Kthanksbye.

1 member likes this post: Bruce Harrison
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ARCA-Dakoda Armstrong