Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flo Racing
5/23/19, 11:30 PM   #11
Re: Flo Racing
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
I've watched races using my Roku unit, everywhere from my living room to a hotel in Denmark and have yet to have an issue. So, I'd have to say I'm pleased, so far. And the iPhone app seems to work pretty well, even when you have an average cell phone signal.

Jerry
What he said. Definitely worth $150 for yearly package.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, erich45
5/25/19, 5:49 PM   #12
Hotrod

We presently stream Flo through our laptop. The sound stopped halfway through the Hoosier Hundred and it started buffering during the Kody Swanson interview last night at IRP. Speed Shift and Dirtvision - no problems. Since Flo now has a 5 year contract with USAC, we have to do something. If we buy the Roku device and plug the HDMI cable into our TV, will we be able to pull Flo up through our laptop and watch it on the TV? Do you think that should solve our present problems?

5/25/19, 6:07 PM   #13
ossuks

Yes, but had same issues trying both ways.

I have no problem with the service I am receiving for the price I paid!! I did by the $210 package which allows me to have it on Roku and/or a chrome book.

There have been a few issues, lost feed last night for 10 minutes , but I also lose my Direct tv a few times a year? Pretty cool to watch the late races on the West Coast when you think your night is over and the National races are over, nope!!!

Nothing is perfect, but with Buckley and Klepper behind the scenes it continues to improve. Remember, there will be issues in the future, some venues they are at the mercy of the technology gods!

As far as missing hot laps, like at ORP they most likely were not allowed to show the support class due to some piece of paper, so there would have been hours to fill?

5/25/19, 6:15 PM   #14
Chief Wahoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod View Post
We presently stream Flo through our laptop. The sound stopped halfway through the Hoosier Hundred and it started buffering during the Kody Swanson interview last night at IRP. Speed Shift and Dirtvision - no problems. Since Flo now has a 5 year contract with USAC, we have to do something. If we buy the Roku device and plug the HDMI cable into our TV, will we be able to pull Flo up through our laptop and watch it on the TV? Do you think that should solve our present problems?
If you buy the Roku stick ( $40 on Amazon i think ), you just plug it into your TV's HDMI port, download the app, and watch it direct on your TV. You don't need your laptop. Streaming also will vary with your internet speed. I have a high speed connection, because my kid is always playing internet games with his friends and sometimes is running to different monitors at the same time. I've had no problem streaming even when he's gaming. Only issue I've had is the same with others, sometimes you lose audio or video briefly, but it seems to be a Flo issue and not my internet.

1 member likes this post: Hotrod
5/25/19, 7:59 PM   #15
Therealether

But a Firestick. Miles better than Roku

5/25/19, 8:25 PM   #16
Chief Wahoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealether View Post
But a Firestick. Miles better than Roku
Firestick does not have the Flo app.

1 member likes this post: RockinRy
5/25/19, 8:37 PM   #17
Therealether

You can run it on your mobile and cast to the fire stick, also use the built in browser as well. I had a bunch of Rokus, but swapped them all for firesricks because a firestick will run Android apps for movies, tv, etc. Like Cinema HD, Cybeflix

5/26/19, 1:29 PM   #18
rockstar5

I haven't been happy with it... lots of buffering and don't get me started on customer service or lack there of hopefully its a 1 and done deal with USAC I'd like to see them with speed shift next year

5/26/19, 2:33 PM   #19
kplange

I'm still on the fence as to whether or not it's worth it. Some races have had good coverage, others not so much. The last race that I watched was at Terre Haute. Lost the sound a few laps into the feature, then got a grey screen with an error message with twenty three laps to go. It restarted at the beginning and did exactly the same thing at the same lap. I finally fast forwarded to the end and reversed at two minute increments until I could finally get it to run. Now I'm attempting to watch the Silver Crown Race or last nights show at Perris, but none of them even show up on the replays. They are available on my pc, but so far, not showing up on my Roku stick.
As far as hoping for Speed Shift, I think they're way too pricey. I'm about at my max for what what I'd pay for this service. I'm still optimistic that these are just growing pains and I'm hoping that things will improve over time.

5/26/19, 3:29 PM   #20
Crankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar5 View Post
I haven't been happy with it... lots of buffering and don't get me started on customer service or lack there of hopefully its a 1 and done deal with USAC I'd like to see them with speed shift next year
What he said. I’ve never had this many issues with any other services. Just a side note that also bugged me was 1 camera for a mile racetrack???! Didn’t even use the pit camera for anything other than interviews that the sound didn’t work half the time anyway. Just seems a little more effort could be put into it as far as production, and reliability of signal.

1 member likes this post: rockstar5
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flo Racing