IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: I-80 / lakeside usac sprint weekend cancelled
5/23/19, 2:00 PM   #1
Usac: I-80 / lakeside usac sprint weekend cancelled
admin

5/23/19 1:18 PM I-80 / LAKESIDE USAC SPRINT WEEKEND CANCELLED

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...kend-cancelled

I-80 / LAKESIDE USAC SPRINT WEEKEND CANCELLED

Speedway, Indiana (May 23, 2019)………Recent rainfall that has flooded Lakeside Speedway has forced cancellation of both events of the USAC AMSOIL National Sprint Car doubleheader weekend, May 31 at I-80 Speedway and June 1 at Lakeside.

Lakeside Speedway officials have learned there is an anticipated three-foot rise in river levels due to all of the recent rainfall and already high water levels. The Kansas City, Kans. track has been proactively moving equipment to higher grounds and taking proactive measures to minimize damage.* There is already damage on the grounds regarding light poles, and with the expected rise in waters, the situation remains unsafe.

The decision was made to cancel both events, including the I-80 Dirt Classic in Greenwood, Neb., to save teams the expenses of a far travel for a single race weekend.

The USAC AMSOIL Sprint Car National Champion now aims for the 13th edition of Eastern Storm, June 11 at Grandview Speedway, June 12 at Bridgeport Speedway, June 13 at BAPS Motor Speedway, June 15 at Port Royal Speedway and June 16 at Weedsport Speedway.* Additionally, a Silver Crown event is scheduled for June 14 at Williams Grove Speedway.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: I-80 / lakeside usac sprint weekend cancelled