IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Lightning Sprint Question
1/10/19, 2:14 PM   #1
Lightning Sprint Question
Aholley55

I'm new to lightning Sprint racing, coming from modifieds. I was wondering if the majority of the chassis's have interchangeable parts. Its fairly common in mods to buy a starter car, then later on buy a new chassis and use the good bolt ons for the new car. Say Bailey,Doemelt,Stewart would the parts be usable for henchcraft,hyper,foz? Dont really want to go huge on investment to try the class, but if I like it, would want to be able to upgrade. Thanks in advance for your help.

1/10/19, 11:30 PM   #2
Griffittsmotorsports

Most are interchangeable there are a few that won’t hench has there own . But most all others will

1/11/19, 7:26 AM   #3
Re: Lightning Sprint Question
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Bailey, Doemelt and ERC are almost identical to each other, other than the fact that a "stock" Bailey has a 4-bar (parallel) rear suspension and the others are Z-link. FOZ are pretty much interchangeable with those and are basically a Spike midget converted to chain drive, so that tells you that any car based off of a Midget chassis with Spike dimensions (like DLH or Hoosier Speed, which are XXX chassis) are in the same ballpark. Even cars with "proprietary" (Hench, Hyper) or one-off (like my old Doemelt) wishbone setups share many other components so upgrading usually isn't difficult.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1/11/19, 3:04 PM   #4
Aholley55

Sounds good, I really appreciate the help guys.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Lightning Sprint Question