IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute vs. Belle-Clair October 4
9/25/08, 8:38 PM   #11
Re: Terre Haute vs. Belle-Clair October 4
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
LBurg 50+ cars many of the best drivers in the country not in the USAC midgets points race anymore.

Thing is, I think most will pick the venue closest to them and I also think its sad that some of these scheduled against each other instead of working out a racing weekend where most could make more than one.

Chuck
Sorry Chuck, I did my part, we scheduled the same weekend as always and had the schedule out early. Its not easy making a schedule out, there is a million things to consider when doing so, but conflicts happen and we just do our best to avoid them. 70 plus cars last year for the Lawrenceburg Nationals, and i expect 65 or more this year. This is going to be a don't miss event.
Take care, Dave

9/25/08, 8:46 PM   #12
terrehautian

I think a lot of this is due to THAT scheduling happening so late. I bet no matter what date was picked, it would be on a date another track races. Hopefully next year there won't be as many as these dates wtih the 09 schedule being figured out now (I would hope) for THAT.

9/25/08, 8:49 PM   #13
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
I think a lot of this is due to THAT scheduling happening so late. I bet no matter what date was picked, it would be on a date another track races. Hopefully next year there won't be as many as these dates wtih the 09 schedule being figured out now (I would hope) for THAT.
Original date for the Hut 100 was Oct 5th. Then they changed it to the 4th. If it had been run on the 5th I'd be there on the way home from Belle Clair,and you might have picked up a few more cars for it too.

9/26/08, 11:18 AM   #14
harms52

Hey Mike McCormick (if that's your real name?),

When you spew the same lame poop out your mouth with nothing to back it up, NOBODY LISTENS! Calling people you've hardly done business with crooked? Calling other talented drivers "nobodies" just because they choose to run with an organization you dislike? You are obviously on a mission to dis-credit POWRi, but you can't back it up. You have only been on this board a month and the majority of posts you've made are jabs at POWRi. I don't know what Siner did to you, but GET OVER IT! While you may have ruffled some feathers, your posts lack any substance and are not taken seriously. Now, I know people have had bad calls or things not go their way. And there will always be someone to complain about something. But I have never seen favortism or cheating from the officials and the shows are run on time regardless of car count. I've been watching USAC racing since I was 7 and cannot say the same about them (unfortunately for USAC, they've had a lot more history to choose from). I have been around this series as both a spectator and a driver since it started. The POWRi series is what got me back into open wheel racing and many others into it for the first time. NOT USAC!!! POWRi racing IS the reason midget racing is strong again in this area. So go run with USAC! Have fun! Spend tons of Money! But quit your arrogant rants from across the sanction fence.

Jason Harms
PROUD supporter of any and all forms of open wheel racing regardless of sanction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! :Steer
Last edited by harms52; 9/26/08 at 11:40 AM.

9/26/08, 12:27 PM   #15
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
Say what you will about Siner and Brown, you have to tip your hat to them, if only for what they've done with the micro series, let alone the midgets. For crying out loud, they had over 5,000 spectators for a micro only show at Washington, MO last month.
I dealt with Siner/Brown/POWRi a few years back when we hosted their midgets in Lincoln, Illinois. It was one of the best midget shows I've ever seen. Great car count, at the white flag we had no idea who was gonna win, the fans loved the show, the drivers/owners were nothing but complimentary and the show flowed well with no delays. There were a few issues throughout the evening that were dealt with instantly, fairly and with level heads. I would never hesitate to deal with these guys or this club again. They were very impressive. Just my 2 cents.
David.

9/26/08, 2:42 PM   #16
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I will be attending the wedding of my wife's nephew, so I had to cancel my reservations for the Hut Hundred. I really enjoy watching that bunch of nobodies race at Belle-Clair, and I hope that next year there is no conflict. Someone asked on this board recently if the Hut Hundred had ever run in October before. I thought it had but couldn't find in my records that I had ever attended one in that month. I believe that Gary Congdon was fatally injured in a midget race at Terre Haute in Oct. 1967, but I don't know if it was the Hut Hundred or not, since I was not there. Maybe some veteran race fan out there will know.

9/26/08, 3:49 PM   #17
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
I believe that Gary Congdon was fatally injured in a midget race at Terre Haute in Oct. 1967, but I don't know if it was the Hut Hundred or not, since I was not there. Maybe some veteran race fan out there will know.
Gary Congdon (February 18, 1937 - September 24, 1967), was an American racecar driver. Born in Palermo, California, Congdon died in Terre Haute, Indiana in a crash in a midget car race.

David. (thanks wikipedia)!

9/26/08, 4:00 PM   #18
Pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
I'll be at Little Belleville with the rest of the "nobodies". watching the real adventures.

Have yet to see a bad race there. I've seen bad races at Terre Haute and Lawrenceburg. Decision to go to Little Belleville is real easy. If you wanna see a good race,thats the place to go.

I'll be at Little Bellevilles "sister track" (Macon) on Saturday night for POWRi,and probably Spoon River on Sunday for POWRi as well. I'll be on first names with all the other nobodies by the end of the weekend.

Look at all this good racing your missing,Pine. Been scouting for Indiana jobs lately??
ASQ, I knew where you would end up:thumb:. That trip around Illinois sounds cool, I'd be with ya if I could. Have fun and Say hi to all the nobody's for me. Since I'm a nobody, I might know a few of the nobody's. I will be with all the nobody's at Williamsgrove this weekend for the National Open and the World of Outlaws:sleep:<<<<<<<Now thats' a bunch of nobody's:rolling.

If the Gas Company is hiring in Indy or Fort Wayne let me know :help:

P.S..If you want to stay home from your racing this weekend, The Williamsgrove National Open is Live on Speed TV:O: Watch this race and I bet your :sleep: by 10:00...:rolleyes:

9/26/08, 7:05 PM   #19
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister View Post
Gary Congdon (February 18, 1937 - September 24, 1967), was an American racecar driver. Born in Palermo, California, Congdon died in Terre Haute, Indiana in a crash in a midget car race.

David. (thanks wikipedia)!
David,

Thanks for the info. I knew it was late in the year and actually thought it was October. I believe the fatal injury occurred when David Ward, son of Rodger, flipped and came down on top of Gary's car.
Gary was caught up in the 1966 front stretch crash at Indy that involved eleven cars. Gary was driving the car that rode over another and momentarily stood on end. Footage from this crash was featured in a television commercial for Indiana gubernatorial candidate Jill Long Thompson this year. As the crash unfolded, a voice states that Indiana's economy is on the skids.
I remember seeing Gary attempting to qualify a Chevy powered USAC dirt car (Silver Crown) at the 1967 Hoosier Hundred. He called it the "War Wagon", which was a popular John Wayne movie at the time. I don't believe he made the show. Most of the cars then used Offys or DOHC Fords.

9/27/08, 12:02 PM   #20
5JMOFFATTFAN!

hmm...2 1\2 hr to terre haute for midgets or 45 min to the amazing burg for sprint cars paying 10k. such a tough decision...not lol going to the burg same place the real race cars will be..

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute vs. Belle-Clair October 4