Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Double file restarts
7/27/20, 4:37 PM   #1
Double file restarts
Larry G.

Long overdue in open wheel racing?

7/27/20, 5:07 PM   #2
Re: Double file restarts
kb78

No, it's not. Sprint cars do not need the manufactured drama of other forms of racing.

7/27/20, 5:15 PM   #3
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb78 View Post
No, it's not. Sprint cars do not need the manufactured drama of other forms of racing.
Inverts 🤷🏻*♂️

Double file restarts provide more opportunity to go from back to front because everyone is grouped up tighter. But on the flip you can go front to back if you fluff it up because everyone is tighter. Not a gimmick, a format with pluses and minuses.

You can definitely make argument non-wing doesn't need it like wing does because non-wing cars can naturally run and race closer which means better chance of passing.

I'm fine with USAC being single file now that they got rid of lapped cars in the middle of the leaders and field. Been good action. First 3 nights of sprint week.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
7/27/20, 5:36 PM   #4
Larry Lehnert

The only double file restart I agree with is the Delaware double file restart. Leader alone on front row, 2nd and 3rd second row and so on. I believe that is only fair way.

1 member likes this post: chathamracefan
7/27/20, 5:37 PM   #5
okie

why should someone be rewarded and someone penalized because someone else messed up

8 members like this post: captrat, erich45, flagboy55, jim goerge, mc/rider, Rapid Rick, spicoli, tj39
7/27/20, 5:54 PM   #6
jim goerge

I don"t think any non wing sprint or midget group need double file restarts. I think it would tear up a lot of cars, remember we have OPEN wheels unlike those tin tops.

7/27/20, 5:58 PM   #7
copper14

i agree with okie but its all about the show and people in the stands.i like the delaware starts.cg

1 member likes this post: cornerthree
7/27/20, 6:06 PM   #8
flagboy55

Save double file for NASCAR. Should not be allowed in our sport. Can’t stand it in the World of Outlaws. And even they must think it’s a joke because they don’t do it with 5 laps left. Everyone wants to see Jacob Allen win a WOO feature. I say if it weren’t for that stupid gimmick he already would have. I can’t remember the exact scenario but that’s what I was thinking on a couple occasions last year. Complete novelty. Get rid of it!

3 members like this post: captrat, jim goerge, ronmil
7/27/20, 6:21 PM   #9
brsteg

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Save double file for NASCAR. Should not be allowed in our sport. Can’t stand it in the World of Outlaws. And even they must think it’s a joke because they don’t do it with 5 laps left. Everyone wants to see Jacob Allen win a WOO feature. I say if it weren’t for that stupid gimmick he already would have. I can’t remember the exact scenario but that’s what I was thinking on a couple occasions last year. Complete novelty. Get rid of it!
Donny said the other night post race at Williams Grove, good thing we have double file restarts or we'd really be all spread out on these big half miles 🤷🏻*♂️

2 members like this post: jim goerge, ronmil
7/27/20, 6:23 PM   #10
brsteg

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
why should someone be rewarded and someone penalized because someone else messed up
I mean this happens all the time in racing. Does double file restarts increase risks, I'd say so. But risk comes with reward because if you do something right you could gain more from that as well.

1 member likes this post: dirtfan98
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Double file restarts