IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Square Tail Tank
12/30/12, 3:26 PM   #11
Re: Midget Square Tail Tank
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Not to be defending him/her(I wasnt there so I dont know who the driver was) but doesnt that rule leave ALOT to interpretation?
Have you seen a square tali tank in USAC competition? IF not then it's not standard. End of story.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, koolaid89
12/30/12, 3:30 PM   #12
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
Have you seen a square tali tank in USAC competition? IF not then it's not standard. End of story.
Again,is the Rumble a USAC sanctioned race???

1 member likes this post:
12/30/12, 3:31 PM   #13
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairracer44 View Post
Not a fan of the square tail tank myself but it wasn't a USAC event and if the Rumble promoters want to let them run square tank that is their decision. I'm sure there a few cars at Ft. Wayne that wouldn't fit USAC rules.
From the Rumble Series rule book:

Tech will be per the USAC 2011 (2012 also per entry blank) national midget rule book except differences listed here.

12/30/12, 3:37 PM   #14
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
From the Rumble Series rule book:

Tech will be per the USAC 2011 (2012 also per entry blank) national midget rule book except differences listed here.
Also from the Rumble Series Rule book:

Note: Special
Event status, officials reserve the right to adjust specs. For tech clarification consult Tony Barhorst by e-mail at tbracefest@aol.com,
or call 317-418-3216.

The conversation probably went like this: Tony Stewart...Hey Tony can I put a square tail tank on the Munchkin this year?? "The guy in Ohio that owns midgets that always complains" bitched about my car a couple years ago,and I like to stir him up. Thats a fair tradeoff for letting you use my name to draw the fans isnt it?

Tony Barhorst.... Sure thing Tony,,,,and thanks for letting me use your name for our advertising. It helps draw fans here.

Tony Stewart....Thanks for that Tony. I like to stir "The guy in Ohio that owns midgets that always complains" up,and I know by putting that tailtank on this old car will really get him going. It should really set "The guy in Ohio that owns midgets that always complains" off,and that will help with any blood circulation problems he might be having.
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 12/30/12 at 4:31 PM.

12/30/12, 3:41 PM   #15
utex28

Who's car was this?

Posted via Mobile Device

12/30/12, 3:42 PM   #16
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Not to be defending him/her(I wasnt there so I dont know who the driver was) but doesnt that rule leave ALOT to interpretation?
It was Tony Stewart's car with the square tail tank.

John Ivy had an interesting looking mini-sprint as well with the square tail-tank.

12/30/12, 3:57 PM   #17
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
Also from the Rumble Series Rule book:

Note: Special
Event status, officials reserve the right to adjust specs. For tech clarification consult Tony Barhorst by e-mail at tbracefest@aol.com,
or call 317-418-3216.

The conversation probably went like this: Tony Stewart...Hey Tony can I put a square tail tank on the Munchkin this year?? Don Moore bitched about my car a couple years ago,and I like to stir him up. Thats a fair tradeoff
The fans voted when the car went off the track on the fork lift. End of story. Please don't write your fantasies on a public message board using my name. Thx.

12/30/12, 4:19 PM   #18
steve004

Andrew is probably right except for the fact that Tony has real things to do that worry about DonMoore vaguely whining about something, AGAIN. What does it matter to you? I would think Ivy's car would have been more of an issue for you. I also don't see how the fans cheering was about a tail tank. But, that is your reality so get worked up about it while we all laugh at you.

2 members like this post: Modocer 57, Pat O'Connor Fan
12/30/12, 4:24 PM   #19
scott bradley1x

I love IOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: jdull99, SETracing, team3521, Tony Barhorst
12/30/12, 4:24 PM   #20
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
The fans voted when the car went off the track on the fork lift. End of story. Please don't write your fantasies on a public message board using my name. Thx.
I changed it for you Don! Happy New Year!!

Did the fans know they were voting??
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 12/30/12 at 4:25 PM.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Square Tail Tank