IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather
12/8/09, 7:38 PM   #31
Re: Weather
illiNOISE

I just got in from spraying cooking oil on the weather stripping of the car door so that I'll be able to open it in the morning if it freezes.

12/8/09, 9:33 PM   #32
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
Interesting take. But if evolution plays a role in today's racing scene, one has to wonder if Charles Darwin would've been a race fan if he came along today.

(Although, when you think about it, Darwin took a boat ride from England to the southern hemisphere, so maybe he would've been up for a racing road trip. Plus he rode on the back of turtles, so you know he probably would be the life of a post-race party.:2:
Good one! Perhaps we should have an IOW/Darwin party somewhere next summer.

12/8/09, 10:31 PM   #33
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
Good one! Perhaps we should have an IOW/Darwin party somewhere next summer.
I don't know about that, Frank. I've been to a couple of tracks and met a few IOW members that would leave Darwin wondering "Maybe I ought to rethink that whole 'evolution" thing."

Jerry

Winston Churchill

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
12/8/09, 10:44 PM   #34
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post
Tim
It may snow so much that the Red Owl will be closed, but Kretches sould be open.
Good one! I remember that one storn when they let people drive snowmobiles through town just to get to the Red Owl!

Snowing pretty good here now and the wind is picking up, here it comes.

12/9/09, 7:55 AM   #35
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
I just got in from spraying cooking oil on the weather stripping of the car door so that I'll be able to open it in the morning if it freezes.
what

---------- Post added at 06:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

[QUOTE=Tim Watson;
you might be a redneck when people drive snowmobiles through town just to get to the Red Owl!

12/9/09, 3:06 PM   #36
v8j

the weather is perfect for drinking now

12/9/09, 4:00 PM   #37
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBound View Post
Brucer, the news in Phoenix showed 9,500 SRP, 6,500 APS & 40,000 Nothern Az. customers without power, hope you have yours back by now. The wind blew so hard here last night it rearranaged my patio furniture and I thought the roof was going to blow off the house. I17 north of Sedona to Flagstaff remained closed this morning after a tractor trailer over turned yesterday leaving motorists stranded for hours. While we got about an inch of rain here in the Phoenix area the higher elevations of AZ got two feet of snow.

Patti
Thanks Patti!!....yeah after 17hrs!!...on at 2pm Tues!!min. rain,but winds blown excess 60-70-80mph!!...half that time no cell,laptop,pump to run well!!...sunny today in 60's-70's....couldn't see myself livin where theres snow!!...just not me....give me sun,lake n' mabe ocean!!...but snow's not gona work for me!!...I don't ski!....It's two wheels for me...here its called Bobby's Territorial H-D!!...oh,thanks to my Bro/Wife for leavin ur H-D's here for me to keep btrys charged up!!...not a problem here,someone has ta do it!!....eha!!...

12/9/09, 5:35 PM   #38
bigmojo5

Blizzard hit.
Sleigh grounded.
Rudolph partying.

12/9/09, 7:07 PM   #39
Tim Watson

The clean up is complete and i got away easy this time. First off i got a ride to work cause i had about a 3 foot high bank at the end of the driveway from the plow. Then my neighbor who has the blower attachment on his riding mower cleaned up most of our mess while i was at work, obviously he didn't go to work today. It was nasty this morning, drifting snow, schools closed and lots of people didn't make it to work. As of 10am this morning we had a 12" foot of snow!

12/10/09, 3:40 AM   #40
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
As of 10am this morning we had a 12" foot of snow!
I dont think I have ever seen a foot of snow that wasnt 12" deep. :2::2::2:

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather