IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Love Hate
2/26/20, 3:51 AM   #31
flagboy55

Just circling back to a comment in the original post about point funds, I just heard on the DIRTRACKR podcast that 13th in the Outlaws points got $14k. That seems pretty good for that far back to me. Now there’s a lot of factors that I imagine go into their fund paying so well, first of which would be the amount of races. Just a guess but they probably run twice as much as my beloved USAC, crisscrossing the country at least twice. That kind of exposure I would bet would certainly be more attractive to bigger corporate sponsors. Also if they didn’t have a tangible payout, it would probably be tough to get 12 to 15 teams to commit to that kind of grind. I’ve gone on long enough but the expenses of that schedule and travel are also double at least. So bottom line is I just wish we could find a sponsorship that has plenty of money to throw around that made it worth it for a few more teams could run the entire schedule with the premier non wing club in the country

2 members like this post: duel, jjones752
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Love Hate