IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
brian2h (Offline)
  #1 7/28/14 10:17 AM
bill was sent home on friday under hospice care he is not doing very good he has only been awake a couple times once for 40 min. the other was brief. talked to his mom a few min. ago she said the nurse said maybe a couple more days. his father in law is putting togather a couple of fund raisers one will be a golf outing i will post the details as soon as i get them. so sad he is truly a great guy i dont think they made a bigger race fan. he has taking the white flag just hope we can get a yellow so we can get a few extra laps
81 Likes: addictedtodirt, agar, Andrew S. Quinn, AustinSprinter, backstretchdave, Beer Goggles, bighd0522, bigq11, Bill May, bn kleen, Bobv, boomer, Bostonian, c47, cantc4mud, Copperhead, DAD, Dannypollock24, DaveP63, Deansnuts, dickster, dirt330, dirtball, dirtnonwingfan, dirtnut, dirt_trackgurl006, dkdorkboy, Eldora Three, FALCONEDDIE, FishBurger, Half fast, Haulerin2deep, i love dirt track racing, IndyBound, interpreter66, JCC, jdadalt, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, jjsprt92, John P Huss, K9Racer, Kansasdirtfan, kcarm92, LUCKYONE, mayor31, mc/rider, mlamb, mowerman, mtek56, Mud Packer, nathans1012, oldtimer, OTSNWR, Panama, Pat O'Connor Fan, racephoto1, Racer_dude35, rachasin, racing2bwithu2, racing4aman, racinrandy221, rataz, RATHER B RACING, rightrear, RRoberts, Russ, SCOTT M, Shawn Harper, skids59, sp6967, speed bump, spicoli, SprintManDave, Sprintracing59, sprintsrule, team3521, Tim Bookmiller, TQ29m, trickyricky, WinglessFAN
mowerman (Offline)
  #2 7/28/14 10:45 AM
Dang hate to hear this .
8 Likes: dirtnut, FALCONEDDIE, FishBurger, gail s, IndyBound, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, Mud Packer
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #3 7/28/14 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by brian2h:
bill was sent home on friday under hospice care he is not doing very good he has only been awake a couple times once for 40 min. the other was brief. talked to his mom a few min. ago she said the nurse said maybe a couple more days. his father in law is putting togather a couple of fund raisers one will be a golf outing i will post the details as soon as i get them. so sad he is truly a great guy i dont think they made a bigger race fan. he has taking the white flag just hope we can get a yellow so we can get a few extra laps
Thank you Brian for the update, has to be very hard on you as I know how close you two are. We are praying for the yellow to come out.

Jerry, Sarah, Josh, Shannon, Paul, Audrey, Hadley and Sonny Spencer #66j
stida.com / Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery
www.joshspencer.com and on Facebook @ Spencer Racing
5 Likes: FishBurger, IndyBound, jim goerge, LUCKYONE, speed bump
jim goerge (Offline)
  #4 7/28/14 10:55 AM
Brian Thanks for posting. As Jerry said know how close you and Bill are . So sorry to hear this as so many IOW'ers are. Hopeing for a yellow. We'll keep praying for Bill and his family
Leohr46 (Offline)
  #5 7/28/14 10:55 AM
He and his family is in our prayers. Anthony Leohr and family.
jim goerge (Offline)
  #6 7/28/14 11:00 AM
Brian Thanks for posting. As Jerry said know how close you and Bill are . So sorry to hear this as so many IOW'ers are. Hopeing for a yellow. We'll keep praying for Bill and his family I love going to Putnamville but its not going to be the same without seeing Bill on his golf cart
jim goerge (Offline)
  #7 7/28/14 11:01 AM
Brian Thanks for posting. As Jerry said know how close you and Bill are . So sorry to hear this as so many IOW'ers are. Hopeing for a yellow. We'll keep praying for Bill and his family I love going to Putnamville but its not going to be the same without seeing Bill on his golf cart
Gregg (Offline)
  #8 7/28/14 11:13 AM
We always knew this was a possibility but knowing this is coming to pass is very sad. Bill is an inspiration to us all in so many ways. I will pray for that yellowto come out.
3 Likes: FishBurger, IndyBound, jim goerge
rightrear (Offline)
  #9 7/28/14 11:38 AM
Thank You Brian.
Bill and I have talked at the track. I think he is accepting this a lot better than any of us. My prayers to the family and to you Brian.
6 Likes: Danny Burton, FishBurger, jim goerge, PJ Wright, racephoto1, speed bump
kcarm92 (Offline)
  #10 7/28/14 11:46 AM
Thanks for updating Brian praying for Bill and family and you know how close you and him are.