Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New ASCS Midget Class
12/17/08, 3:06 PM   #1
New ASCS Midget Class
Beer Goggles

From the NSSN Website:

Comment under Chris E's new column :

A rare Midget headline Posted by speedsport at 2008-12-16 12:58
Just a slight correction to the article.
The Chevy Midget engine that GM Racing has been developing in conjuction with TSR and Kistler Engines will be available to anybody that wants to build one. It is USAC legal and designed to dethrone the Toyota and Mopar engines that are currently competing in the USAC National Midgets. The RRE Ecotec midget is designed to fill in the lower level of competition for the weekly racer and was announced as the engine of choice for a new ASCS midget class that is scheduled to roll out to several regions in 2009.

Sincerly,
Jeff Kettman
GM Racing
===========================
"A new ASCS Midget class for 2009 " Verrrrrry interesting.

Emmett Hahn strikes again !

Tom

12/17/08, 3:14 PM   #2
Re: New ASCS Midget Class
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

There is supposed to be one of the Ecotech midgets on display at PRI. I have seen it and it doesn't look like too bad of a piece. Reported numbers are about 100 more HP than a Focus with the ability to go higher after some simple mods. It was definitely a lot simpler and cleaner in the plumbing dept than the Focus was.

We shall see how they are received in the racing community.

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!

12/17/08, 3:24 PM   #3
Larryoracing

"Emmett Hahn strikes again !".

...Nope not this year!:moon:

"The RRE Ecotec midget is designed to fill in the lower level of competition for the weekly racer and was announced as the engine of choice for a new ASCS midget class that is scheduled to roll out to several regions in 2009".

I don't believe this engine or class has a chance in California. But who knows
some individuals or promoters might try to kill all of midget racing still left in the sunshine state...lol!:usacfan

"This week at the PRI Trade show in Orlando, Revolution Racing Engines is rolling out the All-new RRE / Chevy ECOtec Midget engine."

I thought I read this engine will be tuned to put out 240 hp. You really need a reliable
280 and then you would find everybody racing in that class. Fast enough
for a "expert" and challenging enough to a begginner.

Larry "O":applaud:

12/17/08, 3:52 PM   #4
Revolution Racing

The response we received to the new Revolution Racing Engines / Chevy ECOtec 2.4L has been outstanding. As far as California is concerned, we expect to do well there. Already, we have been written into the rules for the new Capital City Midget group out of Sacramento and members from that group have ordered engines. In addition, we were just informed today that our engine is legal for competition in BCRA and we expect to have several engines competing with that group.

Things will start happening fast now. Anyone interested in keeping up with developments is encouraged to email me and ask to be put on our e-newsletter list. We will keep everyone posted through the newsletter. Also, our new website is just now going live and we will be rapidly adding content to that. Finally, anyone wishing to discuss the program is welcome to call me personally at any time.

Sincerely,

Keith Iaia
Revolution Racing Engines
keith@revolutionracingengines.com
www.revolutionracingengines.com
805-467-3424

"THE REVOLUTION STARTS NOW"

12/17/08, 4:00 PM   #5
Beer Goggles

Larry "O", you are such a PITA.

I thought you gat banned here ages ago.

12/17/08, 11:52 PM   #6
racephoto1

Keith,
Since your the guy running this program, I know it will work. I just hope you can keep the sanctioning bodies from screwing up a good thing. Some of them are very talented in that department.

12/18/08, 1:14 AM   #7
DonMoore10

They will have that engine up to 400 HP in no time......:O: yeah, a few more inches here, a few more inches there...

12/18/08, 1:37 AM   #8
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
They will have that engine up to 400 HP in no time......:O: yeah, a few more inches here, a few more inches there...
Just needs a little more unobtainium to make it right!

12/18/08, 2:33 AM   #9

Quote:
A series that will be perfect for your team and here you are ramming it down the sewer already.

Stay positive, Don. We all need your bright beacon of hope.

12/18/08, 8:39 AM   #10
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

Quote:
I am sure ASCS won't allow more inches here and more inches there until Kieth and GM conducts private testing and witholds all of the information/results. :O:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New ASCS Midget Class