IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ISW camping info please!
7/23/21, 1:08 PM   #1
ISW camping info please!
Truphy

Hey all , this will be our first time camping at THAT and Lincoln park. How’s it work at both places? Is it free? First come, first serve? Thanks in advance l.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/23/21, 2:13 PM   #2
Re: ISW camping info please!
Daisy's dad

Speaking from my personal experience over the years, both are first come, first served. A lot of RVers head straight to LPS from the Lawrenceburg Sunday race, so the camping area on the upper level fills up quickly. Some people who have a toad, set up at LPS and then take the car to Terre Haute and back. If you don't get to LPS until the morning of the race, the only spots left likely will be in the lower level behind the pit area, where the spots aren't that level. Camping is till free at Lincoln park, as far as I know.

Terre Haute has spots with full hookups, and areas without. Some years they restricted camping race fans to a specific paved, fenced area without hookups, but I believe that was when the fair was being held at the same time. The last time I was there in 2019, they charged $20 for dry camping, and $40 for hookups. Sometimes kids came around and collected the money, other times they didn't. If the office was open, you could also pay there.

Hope this helps! Sadly, I won't be making the trip this year, as the 72 hours of windshield time just getting there and back isn't much fun anymore after doing it 7 years in a row. I will watch the whole series on Floracing, though!

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, tirespinner
7/23/21, 2:16 PM   #3
Truphy

Thanks so much for the info.

7/23/21, 9:39 PM   #4
Mrs G
Administrator

LPS Sprint Week information

https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/sho...7662&styleid=1

7/23/21, 9:49 PM   #5
Truphy

Thank you

7/23/21, 10:19 PM   #6
PAW

At gas City they have someone parking all the campers all in a nice neat row. All the tracks need to start doing this cuz it's a madhouse and a big mess at all the tracks except for there and Tri-State Speedway.

4 members like this post: Daisy's dad, PIT CART, SOROKACH35FAN, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ISW camping info please!