IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Turkey night live on speed shift tv both wed. And thur
11/21/17, 4:30 PM   #1
Usac: Turkey night live on speed shift tv both wed. And thur
admin

11/21/17 4:24 PM TURKEY NIGHT LIVE ON SPEED SHIFT TV BOTH WED. AND THURS.!

More...

TURKEY NIGHT LIVE ON SPEED SHIFT TV BOTH WED. AND THURS.!

Ventura, California………Both nights of the 77th running of the “Turkey Night Grand Prix” from Ventura Raceway will be LIVE on http://www.speedshifttv.com/.

“Turkey Night" from the seaside oval begins Wednesday, Nov. 22 with a full program featuring the USAC West Coast and VRA Sprint Cars, plus an open practice for midgets.* The following night, Thanksgiving Thursday, Nov. 23, will once again include the sprint cars as well as the prestigious, 98-lap midget race.

At press time, a hefty field of 52 drivers have entered for the famed midget race, which includes heavy hitters such as past “Turkey Night” winners Dave Darland (2007 & 2013), Kyle Larson (2012 & 2016), Christopher Bell (2014) and Tanner Thorson (2015), plus 2017 USAC National Midget winners Justin Grant, Brady Bacon, Tyler Courtney, Michael Pickens, series point leader Spencer Bayston and Chad Boat as well diverse racing standouts Brad Sweet and Chase Briscoe among many others.

The Sprint Car field is stacked as well with two handfuls of drivers preparing for double-duty by competing in both divisions.* Those drivers are eligible for the Automotive Racing Products’ $50,000 bonus that goes to the driver who can win both the midget and sprint feature on Thursday night.

Cars are set to hit the track around 3:30pm Pacific at Ventura Raceway both nights.* As always, you can watch every USAC race, including “Turkey Night,” on demand, a day following the event, at*http://www.loudpedal.tv/.

2 members like this post: EBookerFan, jim goerge
11/21/17, 5:56 PM   #2
Re: Usac: Turkey night live on speed shift tv both wed. And
revjimk

When do Time Trials & racing start on Thursday?

11/21/17, 6:42 PM   #3
ISF

The SpeedShiftTV website says the broadcast will begin at 5:30 PM PST both nights. The USAC website says hot laps will begin at 3:30 PST both nights. If you buy the broadcast I would suggest you check just before 3:30 PST to see if it has started. I bought the Thursday & Saturday Oval Nationals PPV and the broadcast started earlier than the SpeedShiftTV website said it would both nights.
Last edited by ISF; 11/21/17 at 6:50 PM.

1 member likes this post: addictedtodirt
11/23/17, 3:43 AM   #4
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
The SpeedShiftTV website says the broadcast will begin at 5:30 PM PST both nights. The USAC website says hot laps will begin at 3:30 PST both nights. If you buy the broadcast I would suggest you check just before 3:30 PST to see if it has started. I bought the Thursday & Saturday Oval Nationals PPV and the broadcast started earlier than the SpeedShiftTV website said it would both nights.
hmmm..... Ventura website says racing at 5:30. I wish they'd be more specific... is that hot laps. TTs or actual races??? I'm guessing hot laps but who knows

11/23/17, 11:42 AM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Its actual race time approx. Speedshift came live about 7pm last night EST on their 3:30pst advertised start time. Usually as soon as cars hit the track for hot laps. SPeedshift goes live. The cover all classes racing that night.

The only thing I couldn't figure out is why no consi's last night. Was it just a non points race for VRA?

Anyway, any driver winning both classes gets a 50k bonus tonight. Darland, Bacon, Roa, Courtney and a few others are in for it.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Turkey night live on speed shift tv both wed. And thur