Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2018 four crown
11/22/17, 7:42 PM   #21
Re: 2018 four crown
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
That would probably get tracks to line up to book a Silver Crown race, and fans ready to spend cash on more. Since you suggested that I should have to pay for everyone's 2 day pit pass, I will make a bet with you. If they make teams pay for full price for a 2 day pit pass, I will pay for 5 pit passes to to any driver or team member. If there is some sort of deal you will pay for 5. How confident are you in what you are saying?
Huh? What? Im trying to save all the SC Teams a grand in hotel, food etc and Im supposed to pay for something? If they're lucky, I'll buy a ticket, The racing hasn't been bad, But my last four visits to the "Worlds Greatest Dirt Track" haven't been IMPRESSIVE.

I am impressed with the last call for them all. Friday night on a decent track, Non wings and LM's HECK YEAH!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 11/22/17 at 7:47 PM.

11/22/17, 7:46 PM   #22
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Id say Brent can pay for a teams pit passes
That's the part I was talking about.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
11/22/17, 7:57 PM   #23
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
That's the part I was talking about.
Yeah, I did say A team and was defending a driver and team for speaking their peace. Another driver already chimed in that he won't do the two day thing as it increases their cost without any ROI. They don't stand to earn a dime on FRI but have to pay for it all. All the rest of the classes, Show up one day, Race, go home.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 11/22/17 at 8:00 PM.

1 member likes this post: beaner
11/22/17, 9:40 PM   #24
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
First guess is they'd just make them all draw for starting spots. Which would be glorious.

And if that would actually happen, maybe they can just scrap qualifying for all the other divisions that weekend while they're at it. It's a big @ss waste of time. It's boring. It uses up the track. Figure something out. Time the hot laps, do passing points, something.
I know it's not a popular opinion but I enjoy single car qualifications. Never do they push quite as hard as those laps. Joss Moffatt in his first sprint visit to Terre Haute on 10/14 comes to mind. He sailed that thing in there as hard as he could and put on a hell of a show. I'm also sure he probably needed a fresh suit after that. Lol. Anyways, being at the track is always better than being at home for me so I'm looking forward to 2018!

11/23/17, 10:58 AM   #25
DRC

Makes sense the division with the lowest car count, doesn't run heat races and runs last on Sat night should be there for 2 days...I'm sure its Eldoras doing. It wouldn't be hard to take times from hotlaps and line them up an go. Tracks gone by then anyways and the same people that were fast in hotlaps were fast in quals....Have a good Thanksgiving everyone. Joe

11/23/17, 11:40 AM   #26
cowboyhar69

22 silver crown cars at this years race...and only 18 midgets...surprised they don't do the same thing to the midgets.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

11/23/17, 11:48 AM   #27
Charles Nungester

They did do that about 6 years ago, Hot lap and qualify the midgets on fri night. We had 13 midgets and about 18 champs. Both increased when they went back to single night.

11/23/17, 12:00 PM   #28
billw

i wish they would start hot laps at 11am sat qualify then have a several hour break to completely rework track then start with heats around 7 or 8..1 day 1 admission

11/23/17, 12:12 PM   #29
grantman

If you don't like it don't go to the track.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
11/23/17, 12:23 PM   #30
Sprintcarfanatic

But on the other hand they (Eldora) see that these drivers pay once & drive 2 to 3 divisions for 1 price. Has anyone drove all 4 since the All Stars have been added ? Bacon ?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2018 four crown