IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fairbury (IL) American Legion Speedway - WOO Sprints 2018.
11/12/17, 1:41 PM   #1
Fairbury (IL) American Legion Speedway - WOO Sprints 2018.
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Announced at the 2017 Fairbury American Legion Speedway banquet last night. The World Of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series will be coming to the track during the 2018 racing season. The date is TBA at the moment.

5 members like this post: fish, illinifan, stealth43k, Stevensville Mike, TBONE
11/13/17, 3:07 PM   #2
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Did they say anything about the WAR/POWRI/or USAC?

11/13/17, 4:31 PM   #3
Re: Fairbury (IL) American Legion Speedway - WOO Sprints 201
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppweld View Post
Did they say anything about the WAR/POWRI/or USAC?
I wasn't there but I have a friend that was at the banquet. Nothing mentioned about POWRi / WAR or USAC. It wouldn't surprise me if the did at least contact them. Fairbury has this thing about them trying some once on a small level and if it works they go big; so it wouldn't surprise me if the did contact both series groups about race dates.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
11/13/17, 5:26 PM   #4
ISF

The first POWRi/WAR show in June of this year didn't really live up to expectations gleaned from the hugely successful and exciting POWRi National Midget show in July of 2016. In fact it was a bit of a let down compared to the POWRi show of the year before.

That said, the Sprint Mania show in October was exemplary in all aspects, especially given the terrible weather conditions. I believe a POWRi/WAR show would rival a USAC National show if USAC is not in action. We saw a half dozen USAC sprintcar regulars at the October show, one drove all the way from a rainout at Haubstadt to race with WAR at Fairbury. Dave Darland and The Madman had nothing but glowing remarks about the track and facility.

As much as I'd love to see a USAC National Midget or Sprint show at Fairbury with good scheduling POWRi/WAR can be a very good event.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, Simon_says17
11/13/17, 6:29 PM   #5
jonboat15

I really enjoyed the POWRi.WAR show in June, last lap last corner action for the lead in both divisions. I hope to make it back out there in a few years.

4 members like this post: billw, i love dirt track racing, mscs20, stealth43k
11/14/17, 7:54 PM   #6
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Wednesday May 30 for the outlaws.

11/14/17, 8:13 PM   #7
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdorkboy View Post
Wednesday May 30 for the outlaws.
The sad thing is this is against an Indiana Midget Week date. We just don't know which track yet. Traditionally its been I69 on Wednesday; no?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fairbury (IL) American Legion Speedway - WOO Sprints 2018.