IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS Legendary Lima/Lawrenceburg Double is here!!
6/6/16, 1:50 PM   #1
BOSS Legendary Lima/Lawrenceburg Double is here!!
sprinter14

Legendary Limaland - Lawrenceburg Doubleheader is Here

Sprint car racing has long been considered to be the elite division of the short tracks. Traditional wingless sprinters are now considered the "pure" and "raw" throwback form of the sport. This weekend, the Rick's Truck & Equipment BOSS wingless outlaw warriors will take this pure form of racing to two of the most storied and historical sites on the 2016 tour. Limaland Motorsports Park in Lima, Ohio will play host on Friday night. One night later, they will tackle the unforgiving high banks of Lawrenceburg Speedway in Lawrenceburg, Indiana.

Both facilities have seen different track configurations and layouts over the years. Lawrenceburg first hosted auto racing in 1910 (a year before the first Indianapolis 500 was held) on the fairgrounds half mile that wrapped around the current circuit. Weekly racing began on a quarter mile in 1950 and the track was finally reconfigured to its current size in 2008. The first race track on the Limaland property was built in 1939. Earlier racing had taken place at the county fairgrounds. Known originally as Allentown Speedway, it went from a 1/3 mile oval to a 1/4 mile flat oval and in 1967 it was banked and made into the Limaland known today.

The Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series is proud to continue the traditions. The last true outlaws of short track racing will storm into both facilities this weekend emulating the ghostly legends that once toured these hallowed sites. The youngest driver on the tour, seventeen year old Cooper Clouse, has won 2 of the first 3 events in 2016 and leads the early point standings. Defending champion, Shawn Westerfeld, has already picked up 2 regular show feature wins at his home track, Lawrenceburg and is a close 2nd in the early points. The FOR Racing cars have proven to be a FORce early in the season as both Justin Owen and Michael Fischesser have found themselves in the top 5.

BOSS veterans Chad Wilson and Aaron Middaugh sit just outside the top 5 while rookie of the year contenders Drew Rader and Andy Feil sit 8th and 9th. 2014 champion Mike Miller rounds out the early top 10 after a rough start to his season. Like Miller, Dustin Smith is another past champion having a very rough start to 2016 currently sitting 11th in points. Steve Little, Stratton Briggs, Joe Butera, Bob McMillin, Kirk Jeffries, Brandon Spithaler and Riley VanHise are all in the heated points battle as well. Also planning a return to action are 2 of the walking wounded from early season accidents. Cody Gardner and Bobby Distel both plan to unveil new race cars after some early season misfortunes.

Friday night's action at Limaland Motorsports Park gets underway with gates opening at 4:30. Pill draw will close and drivers meeting is scheduled at 6:15. Racing action will get underway at 7:30. Adult general admission is a bargain at just $12 and pit passes are only $25. For teams competing, there will be NO FUEL for sale at the track. Transponder rental will be $10 and mufflers are NOT required. Teams will be paid in check after the A-Main by BOSS officials.

On Saturday night at Lawrenceburg, gates open at 4:00 for "Family Night". Adult general admission is $15 and kids 12 and under are FREE. There will also be a Kroger canned food drive. Each item donated earns you a chance at a $100 Kroger gift card. Pit Passes will be $30 but there is NO FEE for transponder rentals. Fuel is available at the track. Mufflers ARE REQUIRED AT LAWRENCEBURG. A-Main payout will be done by Lawrenceburg Speedway in check. BOSS heat race, bonus money, and tow bonus money will be paid in cash at the BOSS tent after the main event.

For teams and fans, this legendary doubleheader gets even better as the Lima, Ohio Howard Johnson Hotel is offering a special $65 rate. Owner Ron Gorby is a former sprint car team owner and sponsor. You will not find a nicer hotel stay for the money! There will be security in the parking lot for the haulers. To make a reservation, please phone 419-222-0004 and ask for the BOSS Racer's Rate.

For more information on these 2 great tracks, please visit their websites at www.limaland.com and www.lawrenceburgspeedway.com or check out the BOSS website at www.buckeyesprints.com

BOSS Always Thanks our Sponsors for their great help - and the following bonus awards are provided at each event.

Rick's Truck & Equipment ; Kenton, Ohio (Title Sponsor)

Heat Race Sponsors (Payout 40, 30, 20, 10)

Buckeye Machine and Fab ; Forest, Ohio

Lias Tire / American Racer ; Indiana, PA

Hoosier Racing Tire ; Lakeville, IN

Southeast Harley Davidson ; Cleveland, OH

FAST Signs ; Dayton, OH

Bonus Awards

The Bridge Restaurant ; Sidney, OH (Hard Charger $50)

Apple Metal Polishing ; Eldorodo, OH (Lucky Pill Draw $50)

Hochstetler Truck & Auto Repair ; Ashland, OH (Perseverance Award $50)

J F Construction ; Bucyrus, OH (Hard Luck Award $50)

A Plus Automatic Transmission ; Mansfield, OH (Steel Block Award $50)

Superior Bearing ; Bradenton, FL (Sweet Move Award $25)

Hoosier Race Tire - Free Tire to highest finisher on all 4 Hoosiers

American Racer Tire - Free Tire to highest finisher on all 4 American Racers

Also a big thank you to Cowen Truck Lines of Perrysville, Ohio for the free water and Gatorade cooler for BOSS drivers and teams!

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
6/6/16, 2:40 PM   #2
Re: BOSS Legendary Lima/Lawrenceburg Double is here!!
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

If ya wanna see a lot of sprint car racing, This will be the ticket> No it's not all the cars and stars of USAC but some will be someday and many are track champions and feature winners. Boss always puts on a decent show.

Seen where Westfall plans to run the friday portion in the 54

Debating on making the trip to the Land of Lima since mother nature took my Burg Midgets date. Haven't been there since Sarah Fisher ran All Stars, So it's been awhile.

Saturday will be a Jason Soudrette Memorial preview. Family night at the races with Kids under 12 FREE.

See you at one or both!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/6/16 at 2:44 PM.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
6/6/16, 5:49 PM   #3
lucky 4

And lima,***** on there 360 class
To run the boss series witch is nice
To see the non wing cars there
But jeff garvis stood in the meating
That was held over the winter
And complined how much money
They losts last year when the
Nonwing car were there

6/6/16, 6:01 PM   #4
sprinter14

I find that hard to believe. There was no place to sit or stand at this event last year.

6/6/16, 6:07 PM   #5
double checkered

Charles,
If you come out to Lima, your General Admission ticket is on me.
And Mr. Fry, if you are able to tell me who tows in the furthest, I'll pay their pit pass

Jeremy
Last edited by double checkered; 6/6/16 at 6:09 PM.

6/6/16, 6:14 PM   #6
Sprintcarfanatic

Dang Chuck that was back n the day.

Didn't ya all have like 52 cars last year ? With all the sponsor money & little payout this should be a big money maker for Limaland. They told me 1 time that they like to cater to the locals so we should be happy & embrace BOSS for coming in !!!! I know I'll be there.

Now for that July 29th show ? Aaron is this still on for Twin Cities ?

6/6/16, 6:27 PM   #7
sprinter14

As for Lima last year - we ran out of programs and our souvenir trailer almost ran out of merchandise. Considering we were up against the Dream at Eldora ........ I think there's a reason Lima had us back.

As for July 29, there is a third party involved in that race. We plan to visit TCRP in the next few weeks to make sure things are ready for a BOSS event. So yes, it is still a go and we wish them the best!

Double Checker, great gesture from you!! I know some of the PA guys have a long tow to Limaland. We will see on Friday night.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, PJ Wright, pushinthecushin
6/6/16, 6:55 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Thanks for the offer, Very appreciated and might be the kick in the tail I need to get moving, In about as much pain as I've been in quite sometime. Nothing that would keep me from a local show but four to five hour round trip of driving, It's definitely worth it, It will probably be a friday morning decision. Will be great to see other BOSS BACKERS as I did at Montpillier too! Calling Rhumatologist (Sp)
in the morning, The stuff that was working isn't more often than not.

6/6/16, 7:35 PM   #9
double checkered

Since I don't work at Waynesfield anymore I miss the traditional sprints. So having the Boss guys come play once a year at Lima is nice. The first half of last year's feature was a slide job slug fest. I hope this year brings more of the same. Charles I will have your ticket at the VIP window on the grandstand side and Aaron I will bring the money to your table in the pits to reimburse the traveler. See you all Friday.

Jeremy

6/6/16, 8:03 PM   #10
Nate

I'm debating on heading over there Friday if the weather holds

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS Legendary Lima/Lawrenceburg Double is here!!