IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > what has happened to eldora tr
5/28/15, 9:56 PM   #11
i love dirt track racing

After earl left the track it is a 50/50 chance of getting to see a great show and great racing but it is the house that he built and we will be all proudly say that I glad that I got to see a racing events at Eldora good bad our dirty. Go earl baltus and berneice for making many dreams for racing teams and racing family. Thanks

2 members like this post: fish, speed bump
5/28/15, 11:57 PM   #12
Blitzman

The track hadn't been awesome since they cut the backing down back in 07' or so & brought in field dirt (That was a disaster). Last year it was getting better after a few years of adding compost to it. I believe they added some more dirt this past fall. So hopefully as the year goes on or next year, Roger Shlack can get the track surface back racing on the wall for the sprint cars..

5/29/15, 12:41 AM   #13
Re: what has happened to eldora tr
jim goerge

I swore off Eldora after the great dust out From what I hear and see I'm not missing much but a lot of dust

1 member likes this post: sc17x
5/29/15, 1:18 AM   #14
Hotshoe65s

The late model races from the last few years have been nothing short of amazing. Same with the mods at the ump nationals. Last years world 100 had Scott bloomquist go to the tail (around 30th) on lap 20 something for a rules infraction. He drove through the field and won by literally half a lap.
It sounds like they need to prep it different for the sprints, but what they are doing is working for everything else.

5/29/15, 6:14 AM   #15
Sprintcarfanatic

Wow I said the same thing about the Big E on this here board along with some other things & just got the snot beat out of me.

The only reason it was fast for the Saturday show for WOO/USAC is a late rain came through & it still got dustier than ever for the WOO feature.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, turn4
5/29/15, 8:37 AM   #16
oldfan49

It's the same at all tracks in this part of the country. The late model and mod crowd (as well as winged cars more and wore) spend a fortune on technology and building as light of car as possible and they crucify any promoter who puts out a track that doesn't give them maximum bang for the dollar they spend on that technology or has anything bigger than a sheepsfoot hole in it. Around here you are lucky if you can make it to hot laps before the track takes rubber. Half throttle in a non wing 360 will buzz the tires most nights
Last edited by oldfan49; 5/29/15 at 8:39 AM.

3 members like this post: EPSpeed, FishBurger, trackprep
5/29/15, 9:27 AM   #17
dsc1600

Eldora used to be a high speed parade where you got your thrills from how fast they were going. The actual racing there has improved dramatically on the whole the last few years.

2 members like this post: bigq11, dirt330
5/29/15, 10:53 AM   #18
flagboy55

I went to Eldora for the first time in 75 or 6. It was breathtaking. If the old cliche, "don't fix it if it ain't broke" doesn't apply to this to this track, then it applies to nothing. Imo, the late 70s and 80s were the best there. They should never have screwed with the banking. That said, I still love the place and always will.

5/29/15, 9:42 PM   #19
Wingman

Problem is no more Earl Baltes track prep. RIP

2 members like this post: sc17x, turn4
6/2/15, 2:00 AM   #20
har59

Dw and his cohorts said the banking was cut to accommodate the trucks...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > what has happened to eldora tr