IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
LUCKYONE (Offline)
  #1 5/6/23 8:42 PM
Are they running tonight?
Harvestman (Offline)
  #2 5/6/23 8:49 PM
Yep. In the stands as we speak. Seven - count 'em seven - sprints this evening. Is there a bigger show locally?
cmiracingvids (Offline)
  #3 5/6/23 8:55 PM
Usac at big E. Putnamville. And Paragon. BOSS at Wayne County. I think the racers are saying…they don’t wanna run the Burg anymore.
LUCKYONE (Offline)
  #4 5/6/23 8:55 PM
Sorry to hear that car count
Harvestman (Offline)
  #5 5/6/23 9:13 PM
I can't imagine the Burg ever cutting out sprints unless they were absolutely forced to, but then again I don't follow the track super closely. If they haven't cut out the long-suffering pure stock class yet...
oppweld (Offline)
  #6 5/6/23 10:01 PM
Might have to reconfigure the track or just run special for sprints.
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #7 5/6/23 10:02 PM
Joss Moffatt won, all I know. King of the Midwest $2500 to win.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
4 Likes: addictedtodirt, Charles Nungester, Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
Kendall2020 (Offline)
  #8 5/6/23 11:51 PM
Kudos to Dave and crew. There was a ton of racing tonight. Counts were down everywhere. Yes there were only 7 cars but they paid the advertised purse. The Burg will get cars back as things go along. They worked the track all night and it was smooth and fast. Moffett was damn near perfect for the 20 laps, which I hope they continue there, 20 laps is perfect there. It’s as fast as any place around and fun on nights like tonight. Hopefully people start coming back as the season goes on. Thanks again to Dave and crew for the good surface. We really hoped to win this one for J.O. But came up a spot short.
13 Likes: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, erich45, Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing, interpreter66, jdull99, LUCKYONE, oldfan49, openwheelfan1, tirespinner, TNRustler, Tonymain74
badcoupe (Offline)
  #9 5/7/23 12:30 AM
Matt, did they finally find the keys to the water wagon? LOL. Good run
2 Likes: Kendall2020, tirespinner
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #10 5/7/23 11:11 AM
I was at eldora last night and my friend received a text from someone at the burg. It mentioned car count and showed a picture of the main stains taken from the backstretch. Picture was taken around 7pm and there were no more than 75 people seated.
2 Likes: Grocery Guy, tirespinner