IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
brsteg (Offline)
  #51 6/22/18 11:31 AM
Question for the peanut gallery... after WoO @ Lawrenceburg Kevin Swindell said he'd wished there was a full weekend swing of winged racing at the Indiana tracks. Would you support a mini Indiana Winged Sprintweek that was 3 or 4 days?
Lawrenceburg, Tri-State, Kokomo and pick a 4th track? Either All*Stars or Outlaws.. would Winged Sprintweek be sustainable?
5 Likes: fish, i love dirt track racing, motorhead748, PIT CART, stealth43k
revjimk (Offline)
  #52 6/22/18 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by motorhead748:
If you're ever in Cincinnati look me up. There are 2 guys here in town with big collections
Will do... next time I go to Lawrenceburg, which could be a while
Thanks
mcweld (Offline)
  #53 6/22/18 12:20 PM
Absolutely if it were WoO.
2 Likes: motorhead748, PIT CART
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #54 6/22/18 4:37 PM
Just a heads up if your going to Atomic Saturday. They moved the show up about a hour and will run the makeup feature after hot laps and qualifying.

Debating on that or the Bob Darland at GYATK. Weather will be a factor in my judgement.

Charles Nungester
Backitin (Offline)
  #55 6/23/18 7:46 AM
Wings disgust me. That however doesn't mean wings are a crutch or that winged drivers are less talented as a whole. winged drivers however dont race true traditional sprintcars, they race more of a modified sprinter, known in this household as winged trash or worse when not trying to water it down for the masses.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #56 6/23/18 8:39 AM
Originally Posted by brsteg:
Question for the peanut gallery... after WoO @ Lawrenceburg Kevin Swindell said he'd wished there was a full weekend swing of winged racing at the Indiana tracks. Would you support a mini Indiana Winged Sprintweek that was 3 or 4 days?
Lawrenceburg, Tri-State, Kokomo and pick a 4th track? Either All*Stars or Outlaws.. would Winged Sprintweek be sustainable?
I would think it would have to be All Stars sanctioned for something like that to happen. Between some tracks not being allowed to promote their own WoO shows, and lack of space available in the WoO schedules, I can't see it happening.

Something like this would have to be done when school is out and that really shortens the window to do it. The summer schedules are already pretty full with big shows. It is hard for people to get off work and pay $ all the time.
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #57 6/23/18 8:46 AM
Kokomo had that back-to-back All Star weekend a couple of years ago and I thought it was GREAT. I was saddened they did not have it again. I think the All Stars could come up with a really good swing through Indiana. It is a matter of someone talking to someone and someone getting the money from someone. I say we give IOW fullback Brent T Funk the ball and have him run with it.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #58 6/23/18 11:46 AM
Off to Atomic. Double features for All Stars. I like Wing Features if they stay green. LMs too
Gates at 2, motor heat at 5-530

Charles Nungester
Rich Mersereau (Offline)
  #59 6/23/18 1:56 PM
Hey Tony, give us a wing Speedweek in Indiana. All-star Sprints Kokomo, Haubstaut, Plymouth, Lawrenceburg, Brownstown, Shady Hill. Heck yeah.
Adolph (Offline)
  #60 6/23/18 11:21 PM
What about Parker Price Miler, oh wait he has money.